Request for serial number info on Old Model Blackhawk 45s...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The recent post on the 3-digit OM45s has me wanting to continue to improve my database on OM 45 serial numbers and ship dates.

While I have a good amount of data already, it is only a very small percentage of all of the guns made.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would be willing to send me your Old Model 45 serial numbers, barrel length, whether or not it is a convertible, and the ship date, if you have one.

I will not keep names, just info on the gun.

This will hopefully enable us to get better data on trends for these guns that were around for only a very short time...~2 years. There were less OM 45s made than there were 44 flat-tops. It is only with projects like these that we, as collectors, can continue to advance the knowledge on these old Rugers and, hopefully, pass it on to the next generation.

Once I have enough data to draw trends and conclusions from, I am planning on writing an article for publication in the RENE and the RCA Journal.

I can take the information by email, PM, posting on this thread, or whatever works for you.

I appreciate it!!

Thanks,

BB45C

chet15

Hawkeye
Matt:
I've got 363 OM .45 BKH serial numbers in my notes. If you get close to coming up with something new on this subject, let me know and I'll add what I can. But at this point I just don't have time to list everything out here on RF...its a handwritten list, not computerized.
I will say that about 10 or more years ago I quit taking notes on a lot of this stuff because if the guns I saw fit in with the multitude of others I've seen or handled through the years, it was just "repetitive" stuff that was already known. So the only things I'll note now is stuff that is really rare, or if a gun in question is in a particular serial number range where a parts change was made
Chet15

bigbore45colt

Hunter
To email me the information, just click on the "email" button at the very bottom of this page, below my signature lines.

It is the third button on the right, after "profile" and "PM".

Thanks!

BB45C

princeout

Blackhawk
I've got one down at Alan Harton's shop but can't locate the serial number. Bigbore - look at that box you got from me a few months back - it is that gun. 7-1/2 bbl with both cylinders numbered to the gun - I think - Alan has those also. Haven't called Ruger for a letter yet.
Tim

Axehandle

Buckeye
45-18120 here... Haven't taken the time to have it lettered but is came to me from Idaho as an original 7.5 inch plain jane 45 Colt. It lives here wearing a MR3-DB with CLC claro walnut grips and has a 45 ACP cylinder with it...
0042.jpg

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Thanks to everyone that has sent me info. I really appreciate it. Keep them coming, I can use every serial number I can get.

Regards,

BB45C