Bond Derringers

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Carnage_7

Bearcat
I am thinking of getting a Bond Derringer for concealed carry as a backup and in hot weather and am leaning towards the .45LC as it appears it is the most potent load. I would like the 4.25" barrel. Can one load both chambers with .45 Colt instead of 1 with .45LC and 1 with .410? I have no interest with using .410-about the most useless PD load there is IMHO. Thanks

Axehandle

Buckeye
I've always been drawn to those fine looking Bond derringers myself.. For me I find them entirely to big and heavy for any sort of carry. In addition to there being many smaller lighter revolvers and autos to choose from the grip frame is like the birdshead to me.. Looks good accross the room but does not fit my hand..

Eddies M77

Bearcat
Is this the derringer that the guy on Impossible Shots that he shot the balloon or whatever it was from 70 or 75 yds. I believe it was? If so, that was pretty impressive from a derringer.

Carnage_7 said:
Can one load both chambers with .45 Colt instead of 1 with .45LC and 1 with .410? I have no interest with using .410-about the most useless PD load there is IMHO. Thanks

Yes you can load up both barrels with 45c! Don't hesitate get one you will never regret it really a fun gun. Taks a bit of practice tho I'm getting to the point were I can pick off pop cans at 10yds consistantly.

The .410's are a bunch of fun, for self deffence you may want to consider them, I use buckshot. Enjoy ps