This is for AMERICAL.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Found this RST6 with an aftermarket MICRO SITE added......gotta love that TALLLL front sight......RR.

P3100310.jpg

P3100312.jpg

P3100311.jpg

P3100313.jpg

americal

Hunter
WOW :!: :!: very interesting-- NEVER seen that configuration before---neat find 8) I know they made sights for a lotta guns but have seen the aftermarket sights only on RSS's and A fine collection of Great Western SA's thanks for the posting. Getting close to finishing our deal :) Looks like you would have to really raise up that rear sight to make it work --you ought to shoot it and tell us how it shoots :D

Snake45

Hawkeye
That gun just cries out for one of those epoxy-on vent ribs made and sold in the '70s. Who was it, Poly-choke that made them?

Certain (though not all) oddball configurations appeal to me for some weird reason, and this is one of them. :?

americal

Hunter
It appeals to me also :!: I would like to know if any other forum members have seen a auto with this treatment--if I was into autos sure would like to own this one-- just as and example in a display 8)

Snake45

Hawkeye
Wow, it looks like Poly Choke still makes and sells those ribs! :shock: :shock:

$25 for the rib, $6 for the special bonding goo. That's a steal in 2011 dollars! :shock: :shock:

http://www.poly-choke.com/pistolribmain.htm

Wish they had a pic of the 6 7/8" one. The one they show on the 5.5" bull barrel looks like ass. :evil:

ETA: Found a pic on the net of a modified Poly-Choke rib on a 6 7/8".

Mk678%20II.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
blackwolfe said:
So if you have a revolver wity one of those glued on ribs, how do you remove it?
I think they'll come off with heat, or by judiciously tapping on them with a hammer. Not sure one can be RE-used after removal, though. :?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Remove a Poly-Choke rib? Bye-Bye blue job.........

Speaking of Poly Chokes, I have my Dad's late '40's Winchester Model 12, 12 gauge :D

Ah, but it has a Poly Choke...... :(

flatgate

sack peterson

Single-Sixer
I have seen that sight around on GB, I may have even bought an example to see if it would work on a Single 6. Seems to me they are more common than some other Micro variants.

Sam Johnson

Blackhawk
Americal, I just saw an ad in a old American Rifleman ( August 1960 ). Micro Sight Co. " Front sight blades for Standard Ruger and Single-Six Ruger in three different width, 1/10" - 1/8" - and - 5/32". I thought they were all the same. Something else to look for...

Sam

americal

Hunter
I have seen those to -cut out a few & enlarged them for display :) Neat old magazine--things were Metal---- steel back then 8)