Ruger & His Guns - signed edition

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Ok, folks...The Book, Ruger & His Guns, I know there was two regaulr printings with different dust jackets and then the 50th Anniversary crest/logo on the cover. Evidently a bunch were also signed by RL Wilson. Now anyone able to give some info or insight on the red covered one with gold gilding and a gold eagle on the cover and signed by RL Wilson and Bill Ruger? Supposedly 1000 were done this way.

flatgate

Hawkeye
61168998.jpg

My "plain" ol' copy is kinda tired........ :D

flatgate

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
I had a signed copy I bought from a member of the forum 5 years back. alas it burnt up in the fire a couple years ago :(

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Sorry, Wilson's signature has not a dimes worth of value with me. I have his works, but have no time for the man......Been there, saw that and listened to the fraud. He still belongs behind sraight steel bars............Anyone who wil legitimize a firearm for money, regardless of it's heritage, is a crook. :twisted:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
No, no. I'm referring to the ones that were also signed by Mr. William B. Ruger. 8)

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
i actually think mine was only signed by Bill Ruger if I remember right.
and on a side note I agree with Splitz about Wilson

Dan

chet15

Hawkeye
HAWKEYE#28 said:
Sorry, Wilson's signature has not a dimes worth of value with me. I have his works, but have no time for the man......Been there, saw that and listened to the fraud. He still belongs behind sraight steel bars............Anyone who wil legitimize a firearm for money, regardless of it's heritage, is a crook. :twisted:

That could not have been said better!
Anybody who says its not true, just look at his writing. Much of it was plageurized from other authors. Yet the publishers let him get away with it.
Chet15

mohavesam

Hawkeye
I have one signed by WBR (only), and it's a privilege to own it!
"Enjoy (it?) for the ages -
W B Ruger".

FTR, I don't care much about the hearsay opinion-badspeak of Wilson, and never have put much stock in anything coming out of a civil-suit trial attorney's mouth.

ian03

Single-Sixer
I've heard of this book but never seen one until I went to my local gun store today and saw a few new copies on the shelf. Had to buy it. Don't know the story you guys speak of I'm kind of an entry level Ruger guy. Care to enlighten me?

flatgate

Hawkeye
ian03,

A small group of those books were actually signed by Mr. Bill Ruger hisself :D

Most of us die hard Ruger Collectors get all warm and fuzzy over such items.

The Author of the book dug himself into a deep hole and has lost his credibility with the Firearms Fraternity. Well, at least with the Ruger contingent.

Just My Humble Opinion,

Welcome to Ruger Forum!

flatgate

Wilson is a convicted felon, stealing rightful proceeds from the sale of vintage collectible firearms, namely a colt patterson for one. There were others. He also is known to have given inflated appraisals of guns that were outright frauds, claiming them as original. All discover long after the ruger book was written

Axehandle

Buckeye
Did a quick RL Wilson google and see that he was convicted of conspiring with someone in my back yard... That makes it even worse... :?

Bearcat
I have a copy and FWIW, I rarely read any of it - I just like to look at the pictures!

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
I thought I had just ordered that book but it was RUGER PISTOLS & REVOLVERs: The Vintage Years 1949-1973 by Dougan. I also have his other 2 books covering the old and newer single actions.

Finally send Chet a chq to sign onto RENE as well.

Theft and mayhem aside does Wilson's book contain acurate information and decent pics?

Mike in Vancouver

A

Anonymous

I have the $24 dollar reprint, looks just like the $80 original, bought at Books-A-Million. All I need.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
BC Mike said:
I thought I had just ordered that book but it was RUGER PISTOLS & REVOLVERs: The Vintage Years 1949-1973 by Dougan. I also have his other 2 books covering the old and newer single actions.

Finally send Chet a chq to sign onto RENE as well.

Theft and mayhem aside does Wilson's book contain acurate information and decent pics?

Mike in Vancouver

Buy the book. There is a second edition and if you shp Amazon, there are deals out there. I recall buying a couple at a Sam's Club for less than $20 each 8)

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Nh Rugerman said:
Wasn't RL Wilson acquitted? Maybe we should be sure of what we speak....or write.

I googled "RL Wilson aquitted" and found a plethora of information relating to aquittal in one Frazier case and a conviction and a year served related to the Colt Patterson case. Not a simple matter of yes or no here.

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Fox Mike said:
I am a bit confused. Is the information in the book incorrect or simply was taken from other sources?

As with you I would like to know if the book is worth having as referance material or would that same info be available in Dougan's or other texts.
Mike