OK it's mine and I'm not complaining for sure but...

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Cholo

Staff member
(damn, I hate it when I lose a post)

I don't know where you're coming from golferboy426, not being a smart aleck or anything. I saw the exact same offering today at the show in 99.9+ condition. I couldn't even tell it had been shot. $700 was his asking price with nice wood, but not unique like yours. I'm not much into rifles seeing them only as tools as opposed to handguns and having fun. I already have a Rem. Classic .270 or I would have been tempted to buy his Ruger 77.

"what's going on here??"

Is the bidding way too low so far?

mcknight77

Blackhawk
If you are wondering why it's up to a high price, it's a pre-warning in a popular caliber, with outstanding, seldom seen, wood on an M77. If I owned it, it wouldn't be for sale. ;-)

mike7mm08

Buckeye
Only thing I find odd is the price is where it is after only two bids. Heck of a jump from your starting bid. Obviously you have a rifle someone wants and is willing to pay for it. What does $711.00 buy you in the new market? If I wanted a blued walnut 270 I would buy this over anything new. Only thing close would be a kimber for at least 300 or 400 more and good luck finding a stock as nice.

krw

Blackhawk
Sometimes strange things happen on Gunbroker. Take a ponder at GB auction#214070907. I bought one of these at Tulsa couple yrs back, no box but came with 2 extra LT barrels and gave a whopping $450 for the whole kit and kabootle. When people start dropping $1600 for Remington 1100 20ga. anything is possible. ???

mohavesam

Hawkeye
bisleyfan41 said:
mcknight77 said:
If I owned it, it wouldn't be for sale.

Agreed. Beautiful rifle. $1000+ final bid wouldn't surprise me a bit.

Agree. If it's not been fired, maybe higher.

Don't forget that when adjusted for inflation, $700-800 Obamadollars is wayy BELOW the 1984 factory-new price. :shock:

Very nice rifle I'd be happy to own.