5oth Anniversary question

Help Support Ruger Forum:

gunman42782

Hunter
Probably not for a long time. Where I work, we still have a few of the boxed sets. Think Ruger made a bunch of them, and it will probably be a good long while before they increase in value. But, I am more of a shooter than a collector, so I always say shoot em!

G2

Hunter
To each his own.

Maybe your grandchildren will see some gain .... after your long gone. :roll:

Shoot them & enjoy them is what I say, if you want to make some money invest in RGR Stock, just not right now, it's doing good, No - - - - REAL GOOD $18.29 :shock:

chet15

Hawkeye
G2 said:
if you want to make some money invest in RGR Stock, just not right now, it's doing good, No - - - - REAL GOOD $18.29 :shock:

Ruger deserves it! I think its the Manufacturer of the Year they've one three years in a row now! And of they don't win it again this year for the LC9, GSR rifle and the new model they'll bring out at NRA I would be very surprised!!
I gotta say this....WBR had great vision, but some of the stuff that is really successful for Ruger right now, WBR would probably never have marketed.
Chet15

gunman42782

Hunter
Chad, not to sound like an old fuddy-duddy, but I don't like any of the tupperware Ruger has come out with. I know, I know, it is what sells and what the gun-buying public wants. But, I, personally am much more a traditionalist when it comes to guns. I do, however, like the gunsight rifle.

flatgate

Hawkeye
dmize said:
Am I accomplishing by keeping my 357 and 44 Flat Tops in unfired condition?

Depends on their "appeal". Low serial numbers? You betcha!

JMHO,

flatgate...... with two pairs tucked away....

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Think of it this way... the "Tupperware guns" are what is helping to keep Ruger nice and profitable. So is they are profitable they can keep producing some of the "oddities" the Tupperware lovers disdain and what collectors dream of...

We kind of have the potential for best of both worlds!

Agree with Flatgate, if you can find a low serial number, grab it!

chet15

Hawkeye
SteelShooter said:
Agree with Flatgate, if you can find a low serial number, grab it!

I've seen #520-00052 50th Anniversary .357 laying on a Des Moines gun show table for the past 3-4 years and nobody will touch it at $600.
Chet15

w5lx

Single-Sixer
They are great shooting guns. You're denying yourself a lot of fun if you don't shoot it. There were so many of them made, I can't imagine it becoming a "collectible" for many, many years........probably after we are all gone. Then, what good will it do you? Shoot it and enjoy it. Life is too short.
If you want to pass it on to your heirs, pass on a gun with some honest wear on it, and that has been enjoyed by the giver. Then they will really appreciate it.

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate said:
chet15 said:
SteelShooter said:
I've seen #520-00052 50th Anniversary .357 laying on a Des Moines gun show table for the past 3-4 years and nobody will touch it at $600.
Chet15

Hmm, if a guy had other s/n 52's, eh?

flatgate

Yeah...would be like a needle in a haystack for the owner of the New Model 50th .44Mag. FT coming across the .357...so it just sits. Some day somebody will come by that table and recognize the gun for what it is. If we didn't already have #23, would've snapped it up.
Many of the #52's went to Dick Hamilton, one of WBR's brother-in-law's. Those guns were sold at auction a while back. Not sure this .357 went that route though, I think it left the factory in one of their warehouse cleanings.
Chet15

Glupy

Blackhawk
Kuna, Idaho - a sparkling jewel in a park-like set
w5lx said:
They are great shooting guns. You're denying yourself a lot of fun if you don't shoot it. There were so many of them made, I can't imagine it becoming a "collectible" for many, many years........probably after we are all gone. Then, what good will it do you? Shoot it and enjoy it. Life is too short.

I think of mine as an inexpensive way to shoot a 44 Mag Blackhawk. I can't buy a new 44 for under $525 around here. I can find the Anniversary Blackhawks for $425-$475.

The smaller grip of the New Vaquero is a very big plus for me.

Dave

contender

Ruger Guru
dmize; If you bought a pair of guns for your boys to enjoy,, then by all means,, I'd keep them new until you give them to them. They will enjoy a "new" gun as a gift,, and then they can enjoy it however they wish. Either leaving it unfired,, or shoot the snot out of it.

Three50seven

Buckeye
One of the local shops has two consecutive numbered .357s NIB for $525 a piece, and a slightly used one with box and papers right next to it for $449, and they're usually a little steep on most things.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
dmize said:
FWIW the 357 is 520-12817
the 44 870-04594 ???
i bought them for my boys 357 for my youngest,now 11
and the 44 for my oldest now 17,figured they would be one of few things i could give them that could be "worth something".

They are not a matched set, nor are they low numbered, and you do not sound like you are trying to put together a complete set of NM Flat Tops.

So I would enjoy them anyway I seen fit, I'm sure your boys will enjoy them.
JMHO
Terry