Gun Show This Weekend In Redding CA (Photos Added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Last Saturday & Sunday (March 5th & 6th) was the Redding Lions Club 29th Annual Guns, Antiques & Collectables Show in Redding CA. On Sunday, I heard there were 2300 plus people that came through the gate on Saturday. It was a bit crowded.

There were many wonderful displays on hand. Below are photos on my displays. At this time, I have not obtained permission to post photos of the other displays & if I do, I will post them. Being that the displays were being judged by the Winchester Collectors Association judging criteria, the competition was fierce (though the displayers didn't know this in advance). It came down to three displays competing for Best in Show. The top three display were; Hi Standard 22 Pistols, Ruger 22 Cal Firearms & M1 Garand Rifles. And, the winning display is,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, The M1 Garands. And, a most deserving win indeed. It was a complete display of WW2 & post WW2 M1 Garands with all four manufactures be represented, including some very rare rifles.

lmd

Redding Convention Center, Redding CA
Imag19272.jpg

A Sampling of Sturm, Ruger & Company 22 Caliber Firearms, The First Decades (includes a complete set of Alpha Bearcats)
Imag19283.jpg

Imag19284.jpg

Imag19285.jpg

Imag19287.jpg

AMT Baby Automag Pistol (Dirty Harry's Plinker) & Ruger RCA 1 of 100, 1 of 200 Old Army Revolvers (includes one of the two line barrel address OA's)
Imag19290.jpg

Reising 22 Cal Target Automatic Pistols
Imag19294.jpg

Harrington & Richardson Guns, Revolvers & Police Goods and U.S.R.A. Single Shot Pistols
Imag19293.jpg

Best in Show display
Imag19302.jpg

Imag19307.jpg

Imag19306.jpg

lovemydals

Buckeye
Dennis,

Yes, I will be there with my wife & two of our canine kids (Dharma & Dylan the Dalmatians). I look forward to meeting you.

Dennis

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Go ahead and go Dennis,at least get a hotdog and a coke :D And even meet a few forum members :wink:

XLIV

Single-Sixer
yea..sure rub it in..

Hafta work Sat and will be cooking all-you-can-eat-breakfast Sunday at the Masonic Hall here in Mt. Shasta

Just as well, I'm driving to Reno next weekend and if I go to Redding I won't have any money left for the "Big Show"

Best of wishes to you yours Dennis, your displays are worth the price of admission anyday.

lovemydals

Buckeye
Bucks Owin,

Which "grey haired old fart with the handsome young son in tow..."? There were so many today, it wasn't easy for me to distinguish between all of them.

southpaw13,

I enjoyed talking "Rugers" with you today.

lmd

Bucks Owin

Hunter
lovemydals said:
Bucks Owin,

Which "grey haired old fart with the handsome young son in tow..."? There were so many today, it wasn't easy for me to distinguish between all of them.

It was a bit of a crush down there wasn't it? We hung around the Ruger rimfire handgun display for awhile and I managed to find a genuine WRA steel buttplate from somebody for my M54 Winnie project, and a cool 2ndA ballcap, but it was just too dang crowded to be very enjoyable personally...

Catch ya next time I hope... :wink:

(Oh BTW, I just loved that Ford built jeep in the WW2 display! Slobber, slobber, yeah I'm a bigtime flatfender fan, learned to drive in one when I was just a sprout. Have loved them ever since.. :D )

Terry T

Buckeye
Sorry I missed it - wife was not feeling well and I needed to start packing for...........Harrisburg!! :D
Terry T

radicalrod

Hunter
Terry, I think you win the "LONGEST DRIVE" award .....AGAIN...... :lol: :lol: :lol: see you there....can you let me win a gun this time........RR.

Terry T

Buckeye
RR,
Seems to me that there were several guns given away at the dinner in Harrisburg that someone else won! :shock:
Although, I do have to say the "Harrisburg Special" 44 spl. is SWEET and the 'Boise Blaster' KLCR will prove to be a good carry piece when it finally gets approved as a 'safe gun' in Ca. and I can get it home. :D :D
I will try for 3 in a row! :shock:
See Ya there! Should be another great show!
Terry T

XLIV

Single-Sixer
Thanks for posting the pics Terry..looking forward to the others if you get permission.

I heard it was a good show..I'm saving myself for Reno this weekend. You do good work..

flattop44

Buckeye
That is a very impressive display of the Ruger .22 rimfires!! A fine looking display, great job.
Bill/aka FT44

lovemydals

Buckeye
XLIV said:
Thanks for posting the pics Terry..looking forward to the others if you get permission.

I heard it was a good show..I'm saving myself for Reno this weekend. You do good work..

XLIV,

Terry didn't post these photos & it's not his display. I did & it's my display. Terry was unable to attend the show.

lovemydals

lovemydals

Buckeye
SteveRuger & flattop44,

Thanks for the compliments. Comments like this make the effort worth while. Thanks again!

lmd

PS. I added photos of the "Best in Show" display.