Colt Pythons......8-inch.....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

two nickel and two blue, and 38 special target Or 357 mag.....
something you don't get to see everyday, seldom, if ever, and all together....

aColtPy8in4pack.jpg

Snake45

Hawkeye
No, I can't say I have ever seen a display like that before! Very interesting!

To me, the coolest Pythons are the 6"ers. The 8s are just too long. :wink:

Cholo

Staff member
I'm dribbling on my keyboard looking at the 2 blue ones! I saw a NIB blue 8" target .38 a few shows back. Mmmm...

Dan, do you own these guns, or are you just having the pleasure of torturing me with a couple of them? :wink:

No, these are from an estate that we been selling off a few of these Colts at a time, for over a year now...just got these this morning, as well as a 2 1/2 inch 38 Diamondback....belive it or not, but one guys father left him over 225 Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks.....no, those are not going anywhere, and yes, he has every one, type, caliber and finish that Colt ever made.....and I thought the 2 1/2 in and the 3 inch gun were 'rare'...........
yessir, there ARE 'other' guns than Rugers (though he had a Ruger #1 in 357 mag, Ca. Highway patrol 'overruns'....went with the Pythons!!!)

Beaver Creek

Single-Sixer
rugerguy said:
No, these are from an estate that we been selling off a few of these Colts at a time, for over a year now...just got these this morning, as well as a 2 1/2 inch 38 Diamondback....belive it or not, but one guys father left him over 225 Colt Pythons and Diamondbacks.....no, those are not going anywhere, and yes, he has every one, type, caliber and finish that Colt ever made.....and I thought the 2 1/2 in and the 3 inch gun were 'rare'...........
yessir, there ARE 'other' guns than Rugers (though he had a Ruger #1 in 357 mag, Ca. Highway patrol 'overruns'....went with the Pythons!!!)

The 2 1/2" 22 is the rare one, about 700 made as I recall. I had one in the late 80's but it got away.

JNewell

Single-Sixer
Had an 8"...factory tuned...sold it...it was for me "just" a range gun...beautiful and fun and accurate but impractical. I am glad others feel differently. :)

Latest posts