Does Anyone Know Who John Tobler Is?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Recently acquired a Ruger Lightweight Single-Six & requested a letter from Ruger Records. As you can see from the letter, it was shipped to John Tobler in January of 1957. Who is John Tobler? Thanks in advance!

lmd

Imag19237.jpg

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Dennis,
First of all I don't know who John Tobler is. But I wanted to note I have never got a letter from Ruger telling me who any of my guns were shipped to individule or store. I find your letter neat and interesting.
Good Luck in your search.
Terry

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Dennis,
First of all I don't know who John Tobler is. But I wanted to note I have never got a letter from Ruger telling me who any of my guns were shipped to individule or store. I find your letter neat and interesting.
Good Luck in your search.
Terry

Not wanting to divert from the OP's question but I have to add that all I ever get from Ruger letters is an approximate ship date and an apology for any further records being destroyed. Does anyone else have interesting letters like the Tobler one?
Mike

Terry T

Buckeye
A Google search turns up several folks with that name. I'd go with the Rock and Roll author - sounds better.
Terry T

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I have gotten letters that state who the gun was shipped to BUT I had to tell them who it was first and they just verify it....I had several guesses with the #21 RSS before I hit and Ruger was no help...they would just say nope not him....to me it seems like a rather silly rule but it is what it is....So Dennis, they just put his name in the letter without you asking about who it shipped to ??? If so either the rule has been changed or a simple mistake was made....either way kinda KOOL......see ya RR.l

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Terry T said:
A Google search turns up several folks with that name. I'd go with the Rock and Roll author - sounds better.
Terry T
That would be good provenance but unfortunately he would have been 14 and in Brittain in 1957, lol

lovemydals

Buckeye
radicalrod said:
So Dennis, they just put his name in the letter without you asking about who it shipped to ??? If so either the rule has been changed or a simple mistake was made....either way kinda KOOL......see ya RR.l

RR,

I never asked who it was shipped to. Must be a simple mistake.

lmd