Factory Shipping boxes

Help Support Ruger Forum:

XLIV

Single-Sixer
I've come across several unused shipping boxes Ruger sent to ship guns back for conversion. They have the outer box as well.

Were there many variations of these?

flatgate

Hawkeye
Good questions! Now, IMHO, the collector interest lies with the "original" configuration of guns, "original" boxes and the shipping cartons used.

The boxes used for the "conversion" installations don't spark much collector interest...

JMHO,

flatgate, who can't hardly keep the "original shipping containers" topic sorted out....

we've seen a couple of different versions over the years,in fact last week saw a third version.but for the main parts, they just have been the yellow, with black end,plain, and inside of a cardboard shipper.....
some years ago, in the beginning were plain brown, and had metal ,reinforced corners, much like the blue ,two piece ioxes that S&W used to use, and last week we saw one that was like the yellow/black ones, but was brown, fold up and had a black eagle in the center of the lid..as said above, the "collectors interest" is in the "original packaging" as these boxes could be gotten 'free" from the factory, just by calling them, giving them the serial number of an "old model" you want to ship in for the "safety conversion update" and they will mail it to you, with all the instructions............

XLIV

Single-Sixer
Thanks much.

I figured there wouldnt be a lot of collector interest in these.. right now..

Interesting about the metal reinforced boxes..would like to see one of those. What are they using presently?

here are the three we "know" about, the metal cornered ones some refer to as 'kraft' boxes'but I think that is not 'correct" all the 'kraft boxes we ever dealt with had cardboard construction, only ,no reinforced corners.......

Rugerreturnboxes.jpg

Ruger Packer

Buckeye
@ Rugerguy, I think the term "kraft box" refers to a box that is of single wall construction. Those other Ruger boxes in your picture all look to be cardboard which is usually double wall construction.

Would you please look at the "kraft" box (reinforced corners) and see if its single wall constructed?? :)

Cereal boxes and the packaging some products come in is called "chip board". Kraft boxes are stronger (and usually thicker) and better than chip board.

blackwolfe

Single-Sixer
Thanks for posting a picture of those boxes. I just bought a box like that one on the top. It came with a "remanufatured" .44 Bisley in it that I'm trying to find out more about.

You can see the thread here: http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=110503