Recent purchase of a Factory plated SC6

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
OldRugerMan said:
2009_09290023.jpg

That gun has sure made its rounds! Was the first nickle gun I'd ever seen, about 30 years ago when I "caught the bug". Was owned by longtime Ruger collector Fred Nielson from Stuart Iowa who displayed it on his DSM gun show table with several other delicacies (consec. pair of NIB flatgates with ivories, consec. pair of NIB XR3 RSS9W's, "Ruger Pistols" ashtray, not one but both "SHOT" model High Standard pistols, etc. :shock: ). Fred always had the nickel gun displayed in its original box but the box had a kind of form fitting red plastic tray with red velvet surface on it. Before Fred owned it I think another old timer by the name of Joe Goosetree had it.
Now several of you "old timers" have had it! :D
Oh yes...nickel guns are rare anyway, with maybe 100-120 made in total. 502165 is one of only ten convertibles that are without "INC." in the address.
Chet15

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Thanks Chet, alas, along the way the form fitted filler for the box has been lost but the box is pristine, and still travels in the shipper...I'll be it's good steward till the next round of glassy-eyed Ruger Nut's comes along or I have to sell them in this "Obination" to eat....RB