Something strange, need some info please!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Three50seven

Buckeye
My cousin's husband showed this to me today. He said his Grandpa had it and it was passed down to him. He doesn't have any info on it other than that. As you can see, it's about 1.5" long, has mother of pearl grip panels and appears to be all brass. He said that his dad claims it will actually fire, and the action works. The small piece of paper has some very old pencil writing that reads "G & S mfg. co." and then something illegible underneath. The only marking on the gun itself is on the left side of the action and says "Japan."

Sorry about the crappy pics, cell phone doesn't take good detailed pics. Any info that anyone has on this peculiar little piece would be greatly appreciated!

Photo_022011_002.jpg

Photo_022011_005.jpg

Photo_022011_003.jpg

coal

Bearcat
As it must surely be a rimfire head over to rimfirecentral and throw it up there.

I have seen a few flea-size pistols over the years, but yours is the smallest.

Here's a similar one, that is actually a revolver.

http://www.dixiegunworks.com/product_reviews_info.php?products_id=1043&reviews_id=392

Three50seven

Buckeye
Haha! I've been doing some research and found that theres quite a few collectors out there and that some of these are quite valuable. Best I could figure, this one's worth $75-$100. If you google "miniature guns" theres some interesting stuff on them!

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
:shock: Hey fellas, I just came to this party, but I have a hand made pistol that has some Ruger connection as it was made by Jim Triggs the Ruger artist that did the nice cut-a-way drawings for Ruger. It is displayed in a miniature glass covered and framed box with a hand painted miniature of a lady. I can email pictures, but getting them on here is still a mystery to me...RB