Value of a Ruger Yankee Screwdriver

Help Support Ruger Forum:

KANMAN

Bearcat
I came across a RUGER yankee screwdriver. I'm looking for any detailed information and value that I can get as I am going to sell it. It's marked "THE RUGER CORP. SOUTHPORT, CONN. U.S.A. PATENTS PENDING". It also has a bit that is marked "CHROME VAN". I believe it's a manual because it doesn't spring out. Without being extended and no bit it measures 11". It is in very good condition and functions well. From what I have found out so far there were different sizes which could possibly make it more scarce. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I can't figure out how to upload pictures on this site yet but I will work on it. In the mean time if you are interested just post your email and I will send them to you. Thanks

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
I have had several Ruger Yankees. The last one I purchashed was 350.00. Todays market they are worth 450.00 to 500.00. I would be interested in purchasing it.

Dallasshow2010124.jpg

ambush008.jpg

Here is the last one I bought couple months ago.
yankeescrewdriver.jpg

KANMAN

Bearcat
Hi, thanks for your interest. I believe we may have spoken yesterday. I ran across an old forum on here and you had mentioned they had gone as high as $1000. I'm still trying to figure out if my variation might be more valuable.

chet15

Hawkeye
I believe the example that still had the original box may have went that high or a little higher, but I can't recall a screwdriver all by itself running that much.
Bottom line is, they are good property...a lot rarer than the Ruger brace and bit or any drill variation except the Ruger breast drill.
Chet15

KANMAN

Bearcat
I appreciate the info. After hearing from several members and doing some research it sounds like the short manual variation is a little more scarce. I'd like to get $650 out of it.

radicalrod

Hunter
hey Rick, looks like a "CLEAN UP RUN"....seems Bill had a few drills left over and made up some with the parts...after a couple of "SHOTS"....like all the "RARE" Ruger variations.....RR.

chet15

Hawkeye
Rick, you never told me you had that. An awesome piece there, I must know its history????
The only other one I've seen besides the one that had questionable origin here in Iowa was a piece that sold on ebay a few years ago that didn't have the shoulder plate.
Chet15

flatgate

Hawkeye
Yankee Drill? Hey, I know Rick, and he ain't no Yankee....... :D

Yeow, those early Ruger Corp. tools are really something.......

Me, I like more useful trinkets.....

142636992.jpg

flatgate