I need info on a Bisley Single six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Southerngunner

Bearcat
I saw a Bisley 22 L.R with a 6 1/2" barrel and fixed sights at a local gun store today. I can pick it up for $300.00 which seems a little high to me.
But what got my attention was the front sight it was a patridge style that was removable . I have seen a few Bisley single six's before but never one like this. The gun is in good shape but it is not perfect . I assume the front sight was available in different hights since the rear was drift adjustable only. I would be greatfull for any info because I don't believe it will still be there after tomorrow so if I'm going to pick this one up I need to move on it. Also there is no box or 22 mag cylinder if that affects the price.

Thanks

flatgate

Hawkeye
$300 seems high? Not around here....... that's a STEAL!

Ruger New Model Single-Sixes, Bisley or non-Bisley, that have adjustable rear sights (drift adjustable or screw adjustable) have screw attached front sight assemblies.

IIRC, some of those guns came with the standard "fluted" cylinders and some came with the "roll marked" Bisley cylinders. (Insert uncertain icon here.. :D ) I also believe they all were convertibles. Still, it's a good deal IMHO.

flatgate

bisley32

Single-Sixer
All the Bisleys came with only the LR cylinder.That is cheap if it's in any kind of condition at all.JMO

Southerngunner

Bearcat
Thanks guys, I will get down to the shop this morning and look it over again. The store just got in about 300 guns from a police auction the Bisley was just one of them. There was several Pythons and Smiths with a bunch of Glocks,I even saw a AIG abilene in 44 mag.One of the employees told me there was 2 or 3 bearcats as well that was not in the counter yet. We haven't seen this many used guns in this town in the 11 years that I have lived here.

G2

Hunter
I agree w/ a very good buy at $300. The front sight as mentioned is correct, made in .22 & .32, the .32 front sight is taller. (if you need one, good luck, the taller one is no longer availble) Flutted and bisley rollmark cylinders, with the fluted cylinder being the least production #'s.( My preference) LR cylinder only, I found a MAG cylinder that fitted perfect and shoots great, it's a little shinny :D .

I really like how these were made with the top strap configured like the Single Six's of Old, the way the 50 year SS should have been done.

They are the only NM gun with the Original OM topstrap. I think that gives these the COOL PUCKER Factor.

P1010004-15.jpg

With it's shinny MAG cylinder. :roll:
P1010004-18.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
bisley32 said:
All the Bisleys came with only the LR cylinder.

Ah, yes, I should have known that.......Thank You for the clarification...... doggone pesky New Models anyway!

OK, I'll go back to "living in the past"....... :D

99284392.jpg

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
G2 said:
They are the only NM gun with the Original OM topstrap. I think that gives these the COOL PUCKER Factor.

Almost...Davidson's did a run of 500 each (with regular grip frames) in the drift adj. rear sight models in 4-5/8", 5-1/2" and 6-1/2".
There are a few NM "Lightweight" Single-Six prototypes floating around also with the drift adj. rear sight.
Chet15

G2

Hunter
chet15 said:
Almost...Davidson's did a run of 500 each (with regular grip frames) in the adjustable sight models in 4-5/8", 5-1/2" and 6-1/2".
There are a few NM "Lightweight" Single-Six prototypes floating around also with the drift adj. rear sight.
Chet15

Ah, yes, I should have known that.......Thank You for the clarification...... doggone pesky New Models anyway!

OK, I'll go back to ....to ....to ....to ,,, awh shucks, NO Way Cool Pucker Factor. :D :D :D :D :D