Question about an OEM Ruger tool

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Andyd

Bearcat
I found this little tool, marked "Sturm, Ruger & Co Inc" among the estate of a friend. I did not find any trace of a Ruger gun and wonder what this is for. It is about 2 1/2 inches long, blued steel and is obviously for a small hex head screw.

I would appreciate your help to know what I just added to my collection.

Rugertooltop.jpg

RugerToolfront.jpg

G2

Hunter
Yes that is a Old Army Nipple Wrench,
Now for the bad/good news ,,, You mention that you added it to your colection,

They have been known to get lonely and it will look for a companion. :shock: :shock:

:D

Andyd

Bearcat
Thanks guys,

that was quick! Are those tools rare? I think it is a neat OEM tool but have only an old Uberti cap and ball revolver and the Old Army revolvers have their quality reflected in the prices :roll: .

Andyd

Bearcat
contender said:
Yep,, and Old Army nipple wrench,, and now you must get the OA to go with it. :D

That's what I have been thinking. I have accomplished to pass my interest in guns on to my sons and they call our humble collection the family heirloom.

chet15

Hawkeye
The type you have with the skinny body is the earliest variation. Most have a body the same diameter over the whole length.
Chet15

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I have one of these same styled ones I picked up in a mixed bag of parts last yr. Knew what it was but wasn't aware there were different variations. Always good to learn something new. :)

Three50seven

Buckeye
Hey I got one of those too! No ROA for me either, and no real interest in one. If someone wants it, I'll make you a swingin' deal on it :lol: