Government kmk Target distance

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
Does anybody know what distance they fire the Ruger Government model at when testing for accuracy? I got this one at Jaquas Fine guns today and it made me wonder. It is so clean, I think it will be a safe queen.
Doug
IMG_2846.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
I wasn't aware Ruger targeted any stainless Government models. Is the sn printed on the target? Would be curious to know what that is so I can get that in the reference. Some day somebody will ask the question if their gun should have come with a Target.
As to your question on distance, it was 25 yards, with ELEY Tenex ammo. Ruger used a patented "laser sighting device to do this and "8 out of 10 shots had to fall within or cut the edge of a 1-1/4" diameter bull's eye when using a 6 o'clock point of aim"
Chet15

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
chet, at the bottom of the target it says Target No.____________. The serial number is hand written in. Mine is 2197143X. It looked to me to be a 1993 gun per Ruger's web site.
Doug

The ones we had and sold over here in Ohio back then all had the 'test targets',both the blued and the stainless ones..........Terry had one, shot it in competition and it shot better than the target it came with.......

chet15

Hawkeye
There's a cutoff there though somewhere for the target with both models...sometime in the mid 1990's apparently.
Chet15

Coop

Blackhawk
Hi folks,

Long before I ever heard of the value of "original paperwork", I purchased my first Ruger firearm. It is a SS Mk II Government Target Model I purchased in January 1995, S/N 219-9510X. It had the Ruger target that came with it. Not knowing its potential value upon it's sale with its pistol, I tossed it years ago. Then again as for me selling this beauty, No F Way.

Coop

PS: Then, again, I had a "SERIOUS SENIOR MOMENT" a few years back when I tossed the original shipping box for my Gold Label. Spare me, please. :roll: :lol: