Yo RENE Man! Check it out!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Axehandle

Buckeye
How about some proof that the match to your D prefix 4 5/8 Bisley FT 44 Special exists and is living well in Alabama! :shock:
520-22027-3.jpg

520-22027-2.jpg

520-22027-1.jpg

chet15

Hawkeye
Yea...is nice, but so far haven't heard whether you want to get rid of that one or not. Is not that big a deal if not, have a pretty good set of NM flattops, but would be a nice "bonus".
If its just "extra" to you....????
Chet15

Axehandle

Buckeye
Don't know if I'll keep it or not.. I've got a pretty good FT set myself. If I had a shootist FT I'd have a copy of every one with a few consecutive SN sets in the mix. Still looking for the match for my "D" FT. The price on the known paired up set is killing me. I'll promise not to sell or trade it without sending you a note.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Axehandle said:
Don't know if I'll keep it or not.. I've got a pretty good FT set myself. If I had a shootist FT I'd have a copy of every one with a few consecutive SN sets in the mix. Still looking for the match for my "D" FT. The price on the known paired up set is killing me. I'll promise not to sell or trade it without sending you a note.

Ax,
I see the paired up set on GB. Did you buy them or someone else?
Oh nice gun buy the way.
Terry

chet15

Hawkeye
Well...I won't beat around the bush with you...its probably not worth any additional to anybody else, so....? If you want to do anything with it, give my dad a call who is the owner of the "D" gun mate.
Chet15

Axehandle

Buckeye
Looked at the GB ad... DANG!
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=214445187
Maybe one of you true collectors will spring for them but they are way to much for my gun budget..

radicalrod

Hunter
I don't think my "MOMMY" will let me have them......besides I don't like the tone he takes with our fellow AMERICANS that happen to live in California.....I believe it is still one of the 50 STATES.....if I collected NM's I wouldn't buy them just because.....RR

Axehandle

Buckeye
The guy selling these has been a good friend for about 15 years. He is an Army vet and as good as they get. Don't know where he went to determine his pricing. Don't know about the California remark either. Do know there are lots of quality collector grade OMs out there for significantly less money.

Terry T

Buckeye
"Axehandle"
As a California resident, I'm offended by his remarks. There are over 37M folks here. To paint us all with the same brush or to suggest that we pack up and move over this one issue is beyond absurd. Easy for him to say - he's not here. Makes more sense to stay and try to change things than to just 'jump ship' and run away from the problem. He doesn't sound like a guy who would run away from a fight but that's what he's suggesting we do. Maybe as his friend you can talk a little sense into him.
Wonder if his asking price of $2K was waved in front of his face if he would reconsider his "No California" stand? By the way, the guns are legal for importation into Ca.
Just getting more than a little sick and tired of all this California bashing. Just plays into the hands of the gun contol folks who are trying to limit the number of guns coming into Ca.

Terry T

wavehopr

Single-Sixer
And he's in Alabame....not exactly the mecca of gun law. And he's probably a U. of Alabama fan on top of that. Uggh. Go Vols.

Axehandle

Buckeye
Alaama? We've got the same federal laws as everyone else. The only difference I see is our state government trust us with a gun or two.. :p I've actually got kin living in California.... My work hauls me out there on a regular basis... Visiting isn't bad but I'd never live there.

Terry T

Buckeye
Axehandle,
I moved to Ca. in 1970 - things were way more relaxed on the gun ownership front then. Raised my children here - got settled in. Kind of hard to just pack up and move over that one issue. I live out in the country on acreage in the beautiful foothills of the Sierra Nevada Mountains.
I can understand someone not coming here now but it's a whole 'nother issue to just to just cut and run over this issue. I'm not saying that circumstances could get bad enough that I wouldn't change my mind - it's just not that bad, yet.

By the way, there are over 1,300 guns on the handgun 'safe gun' list. So, if you want a handgun, you can get one.

Check it out for yourself:

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

And all single actions are exempt.
Terry T

Rafsob

Single-Sixer
I think California's big problem was the come-heres. They took a beautiful state and ruined it. I was stationed at George AFB from 1977-1980 and loved it. The high desert is a beautiful place. My wife was very unhappy when she first got there, but changed her mind when we got orders to leave. She wanted to stay.

What is happening to this most beautiful state can only be considered criminal. I feel for you guys out there.

Latest posts