KNV-455E Value

Help Support Ruger Forum:

I have the opportunity to purchase a NIB Ruger New Vaqureo, 45 Colt. It is engraved and the catalog number is KNV-455E. RENE guide says not many sold. The only catch with this one is that it was part of a bunch of guns stolen from a shop. It was returned with minimal minor surface blemishes that could easily be buffed out. The shop has a price of $849 on it with an additional $75 off, putting it at about $750+8% tax out the door. I have never seen one and thought it may be a neat gun to have. What think you guys? I have seen a consecutive pair on GB for a BIN of close to $3000.

Thanks!

Dave

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Think this series of gun with "cowboy" style engraving was done by the now defunct Ruger Studio of Design.

They were pretty pricey guns when new, and this would have dated to guessing 2006.

Depending on the degree of scratching, and not violating any of the engraving on clean-up or muddying it up, I'd say it is not a bad price.

If I remember right this is full coverage engraving and similar to a Gunbroker one #208421288.

G2

Hunter
I find it interesting that back in the day's of old, the RSSE's were not all that sought after, look at them now days. :shock:

Makes me wonder what the Ruger Studio guns will do 50 years down the road.

Look at it this way $800 for a $500 gun.
Basically giving $300 for a Factory Engraved gun. I would buy it, shoot it & enjoy it.

Wished I could find a engraver for this gun @ $300 ,,, I have 2 to do.
P1010001-11.jpg

and I want it to end up close to this.
5l2c1z.jpg

BUY IT !!

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
Think in the day these sold for around $1,000 or so after Studio of Design got thru with them.

G2's second gun is down right beautiful, now does this qualify for a Birds Head BBQ?

G2

Hunter
SteelShooter said:
G2's second gun is down right beautiful, now does this qualify for a Birds Head BBQ?

Not my Gun :( Wished it was... I tried my dangest to buy the gun.
This is a fellow fourm members gun that he bought from a shop on a similar deal, the engraving was shall we say thrown in.

This picture inspired me to seek the same.

Yes,,, would this just not be the best at a "AZ Desert Quail BBQ". :D :D :D

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Off the top...Call Jim Condon, Little Crow Shooting Sports, Hutchinson MN, AC 320/587 9829 and ask him about these. He had some in stock and perhaps can fill in the blanks. Tell him i suggested you call....Splitz 8)

HAWKEYE#28 said:
Off the top...Call Jim Condon, Little Crow Shooting Sports, Hutchinson MN, AC 320/587 9829 and ask him about these. He had some in stock and perhaps can fill in the blanks. Tell him i suggested you call....Splitz 8)

Will do..........and thanks for the heads up. :D

Dave