Got some BAD NEWS TODAY......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I went to the LIMA Ohio gun show today and ran into my friend John Kimmels younger brother Bill.....he asked if I had heard about John.....I said no what's up.....Bill told me John had a heart attack and DIED in early December....he was in the garage working on his tractor and his wife wondered why he had it running inside so long so she went to check and John was laying on the floor already gone....John is the guy who gave me my CERTIFIED RUGER MANIAC handle....for those who might not know him by his real name he was RugerCollector on the RF and CK1040 on Gun broker......only 60 years young......I will certainly miss my older adopted brother....I hope the gun shows are all good ones now my friend......we will all come and visit someday......your friend Rod.

T.A. WORKMAN

Hunter
Rod,
Sorry to hear about John, I know you and him were friends.
I bought a couple of guns off of him and shared some communication
through PM's on the forum here. May he rest in peace.
Terry

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Sorry to hear. I know I'd had "talks" with him here and in PM's. Was quite knowledgeable. I wish all his friends and family peace in his absence and that fond memories stay with them.

Think maybe he's discussing ideas with Bill and Alexander?

mike722

Buckeye
T.A. WORKMAN said:
Rod,
Sorry to hear about John, I know you and him were friends.
I bought a couple of guns off of him and shared some communication
through PM's on the forum here. May he rest in peace.
Terry

same here.. sorry to hear that..

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
Radical, sorry for your loss. I got a call from Dick S. at Lima today, but he was just getting started. Anything good to report from the show?
Doug

wow, that is a real shame, John was a very neat guy ,we liked him, beats the hell out of me that NO_ONE heard ANYTHING till now???? We got the news today ourselves when we were in Pittsburgh of all places????
Very sad, he will be missed.........thoughts and prayers to the family

RD18

Single-Sixer
Sorry RR for your loss---My prayers go out to his family Russ

flatgate

Hawkeye
I never met John, but, through his participation here on the Forum I knew he was a wonderful man.

Please accept my condolences.

Carl

Tucsonite

Single-Sixer
I'll tell you what kind of a guy John was. He had a great collection of Single Sixes and Bearcats. several years ago I found a nickel plated Super Bearcat for my "Sultan of Shine" Display in Tulsa and he emailed me after I had shown pictures of it here on the Forum asking if I ever sold it he would like 1st shot.
Well after I was through with my display I sold it to John. In the meantime Rugerguy let it be known that he too coveted the SB and John let Dan have the Bearcat. What a guy.

John you will be missed my friend

Dan

PlatedNewbies008.jpg

Tulsa1018.jpg

yessir, John knew that Laura fell for Dans pretty little "shiny" 'cat' and he turned it right over to her, NICE gesture....hell of a NICE guy..........and John also really liked them bearcats.........sure will be missed,looked forward to him coming to the OGCA all the time.........

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I will tell one story that speaks of Johns character.....I loaned him an S marked LW for a local display and made him the offer of buying it if he wanted too...no need too but he could if he wanted....well I got to the show and he hands me a check with lots of ZERO's........I was suprised and said you don't have to buy it to use it....well he had dropped it and put a small mark on the left recoil shield so he just manned up and did what he thought was right....NO CHEESY I'm REALLY SORRY about YOUR GUN.......I have several BC's in my collection that came from John....the last Alphacat I needed to complete the run, a concecutive pair of 4 digit cats, and the BC with the extra K stamped on the side.....I always told him I wanted it if he ever sold it so one day he got some of his "S gun" money back from me.....His Dad had found it at the Kenton Nationals....so in a way it will stay in the "family".....I will certain miss him....RR.

americal

Hunter
RR--that is one great story --the kind of things that happen in life you never forget :!: memories get more important as we get older and that is one you will find more pleasent as the years go by JMHO---Wayne

contender

Ruger Guru
I only knew John from his time here. I could tell he was "one of the good ones!" He will be missed. RR,, we know how you feel my friend,, and we are there for you as well as sending prayers to the family.