Got some BAD NEWS TODAY......

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbill

Single-Sixer
Sorry for your loss, my prayers are sent. Bill

I lost my two older brothers one at 41yo (#1 oldest) and the other at 52yo(#2) my #3(65yo) and me #4 are still alive so far. I just turned 60yo and i'm like you watching and hearing about all my friends and family who are passing on more and more. I figure each morning when i wake up on this side of the green, God has given me another day to enjoy and i make the best of it. All of a sudden most of my older family members/friends are gone and were the old timers. I really didn't think about the "old timer" or "head of the family" label at all nor did i ever want it. All i can say is we got old so fast and stop the aging bus i want to get off. My point is to enjoy everyday and live life to the fullest we just never know when we will pass on to the next life. I also figure it must be better on the other side because no one has returned yet too. If my brothers could of they would i'm sure. Godbless, Bill

BTW; Remember to purchase more guns and shoot more too as we get older. Enjoy it even more. Life is so short. If you have your health enjoy that too. I became disabled at 52yo and knew it was comming and tried to stay working as long as i could i fooled then for almost 10years that my health was going bad to build up my s/s. I only hurt myself even worse. I was dumb to do it. If you got your health enjoy it and do things now. Tell your family you love them often too.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Wow, I've been away from the forum for a while and am just now seeing this. Sorry to hear about John, he was a good guy, we never met but we made a half dozen or so trades over the years. He will be missed. Condolences to all family and friends.

And I am just about to head out to my garage to work on my tractor... Not feeling quite as good about that prospect now...