Non-ruger, gun show find

Help Support Ruger Forum:

ten22

Single-Sixer
I know, I know, its not for a Ruger, but this is the only forum I really follow. These were laying on a table at a show this past weekend and I couldn't leave them even though I didn't know what they fit at the time. Come to find out they are for a k-frame S&W. Those in the know will understand how unusual these are 8)

roper1.jpg

ten22. nice find, hard to tell anymore as to wether some of the grips we now "see" are indeed, Ropers, or Sanderson, as I happen to know a few guys who can and do make, exact 'replicas' of the style or era, as those I mention, and even use a BETTER grade of wood....yes, they are true artists, and NO they do NOT try and hoax ( perpetrate any fraud) as to just whose grips they are...............
back then, many users ( shooters) wanted and used , true "target" grips to get their guns to shoot even BETTER, and some companies ,like Herretts, will custom fit these grips to the individuals own hands.......
Nice picture by the way....thanks for sharing

Don't worry, many of us collect or are interested in "other" stuff too...... :wink:

ten22

Single-Sixer
This is how I know that they are true ropers. The small rectangular jig marks above and below the grip screw hole are tell tale signs, along with the diamond around the grip screw and the checkering.

roper2.jpg

ah, thats better, the back side looks more like Ropers, the checkering to me at first looked like Sandersons, and you can also 'see" the strain screw notch in the lower ,front for a S&W K frame...as well as the 'notches for the checkering 'jig' top and and bottom on the backside........cannot make out the ;writing' looks like TG INC.....?? anyway, a very NICE find

ten22

Single-Sixer
It didn't register until you said that, I thought they were marked TGIN 38, with a weird L after the N, but after looking at them very carefully it is a C, hmm, wonder who TG Inc was?