Ruger patches & pins

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
The memorabilia aspect really seems to have taken the driver's seat and put the firearms to the rear seat. Initially I started having the glassware & stoneware being the focus as I didn't want to get too involved in this "stuff". As the initial two areas I was to focus on are almost completed as best they'll ever be, I gotta look at other areas. Need another area to focus on now and the wathes aren't gonna be it. Grabbed a bunch of playing cards I have gotten a couple handfuls of pins through various purchases and a few patches. My father has collected military insignia patches for a loooong time so I figured I'd give that aspect some attention. Looked around here and found some very nice photos of some collections. Is there any photos of all those that were available from the factory? Not really interested in the aftermarket ones with all the individual models on them (look cheap). As with any thing, there's commons and rare ones (pics?). What's the going prices for the rarer ones?

Thanx!

contender

Ruger Guru
Uh-oh,, now you've done it. Rugeritis has taken over! :D
I am one of those people who is addicted to collecting the Ruger "stuff." I have almost every patch known that was produced & sold/given away. I have almost every decal as well. Pins; there are still a half a dozen or so I need to find,, and then there are the belt buckles.
Trust me when I say there are more of them than you realize,,,! As for a list or photos,,, I don't know if any of us have ALL of them and a photo. I'd bet Rick or Shawn can come as close as anybody. Maybe they will grace us with a few pics,,,! But beware,, there are minor variations of such things as the patches that can drive you as crazy as collecting the guns! (Such as the 5 different Law Enforcement patch variations.)
Maybe I'll get around to taking a few pics myself,,,,!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Thanx! I'm purposely avoiding the buckles, watches and decals. Not gonna go so crazy as to worry about every little variation either. I'd be gray then bald doing that. :lol:

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Looking :shock: at some old pics here are a few I can share. When I get time I may dig some more out I have several pins as well. I just don't have the time. I am working on a couple projects and one is very exciting so I have been spending most of my energy working on that. I will let more out if it becomes a done deal.

Enjoy :D

Very rare Austrailian patch
ruger032.jpg

several patches and some non Ruger (Aftermarket)
ruger029.jpg

Here you can see a Fire Brigade patch
ruger031.jpg

65e879c8.jpg

Some decals. There are a few very rare Pistol Revolver window decals :)
ruger064.jpg

rugerpatchcufflink001.jpg

Pins

pins002.jpg

Variations of the pin backs
pins004.jpg

pins004-1.jpg

pins003.jpg

pins002-1.jpg

pins001.jpg

Ash tray
Ricksbook018.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Wow! Those are perfect - just what I was looking for! Thank you sir! 8)

Now then...which are the "rare" ones and how hard do they typically hit the wallet?

edited to add: LOVE that ashtray. It's one I lack.

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
The pistol revolver patches are very hard to find but the pistol revolver window decals are extreemly scarce. I only know of about less than a dozen. The fire brigade patch only about 75 were produced. The Red Eagle News patch 100 produced. The yellow patch in the bottom corner with the armour patch is the only one I know of. The Aussie patch only a few of those are known like the first pic but there are others variations that are a little more common. And watch for the fakes :shock:

flatgate

Hawkeye
RPM Enterprises said:
The yellow patch in the bottom corner with the armour patch is the only one I know of.

That one is certainly a "new" one to me! I ain't never see dat one befo...

Nice collection, for sure!

flatgate, who has enough troubles collecting the guns...... :D

contender

Ruger Guru
I'm with Flatgate,, that's a new patch to me as well. Gotta put it om my "list!" BTW Rick,,, do ya wanna part with one of those P&R decals,,,?????

circlergrugers

Vaquero
I agree, but it would take several of us to complete this task. but if anyone else is up to it, I would be very interested in helping come up with a reference book. Hank

trouble is finding out just "who" ( whom) issed what sticker or patch as there are LOTS , and LOTS that were NOT "approved" (licensed) by Ruger and many of these were way back when Steve V was alive, and the Collectors association took an 'active' interest' into just what was what...once the new computer generated sewing machines came on the market, ANY one with electricity could make, a patch and try top market them,especially the smaller 'hat patches'........................sorry , there is NO "one stop" book or such to 'verify' and ONLY Chad and the RENE can come close, and even then some things may be "open " to speculation and have their OWN 'story'...."My uncle fished with Mr Ruger and he gave him one of these patches, down in Florida at the condo...."
TRUE story , I once knew the man who did the 'teak wood' restoration on the Ruger yacht......and SAW some of the "stuff" the old man gave to him... :shock: he died, his wife threw it out....... :cry:

BUT YES, it would be neat to get at least pictures of any and all "stuff" any of us ever put together, from displays OR even "personal" use (collections)

RPM Enterprises

Buckeye
Speaking about Ruger's yaht the Titainia. Here is the burgee that flown on the Titainia. I also have the blue prints for the yaht and all the information about it. I had received it from the brother of who the captain of the ship was. If you look close at the picture of the yaht you can see it.
2008calendar089.jpg

About the reference book.. I was writting a book on Memorabilia and have alot of that information.. Several pictures of patches and decals but one day I got a bit ticked off about something and tossed all the transcrips in the fireplace and burned them. :x I still have all the notes :wink: These days I keep alot of my findings to myself and only share a few things with a couple other collectors.

contender

Ruger Guru
I think a good reference guide to the memorbilia would be a good thing. I'd help contribute whatever I could as I really enjoy it myself. Lots of stuff out there,, and seperating the "fact from fiction" will be a big chore!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Pulling this thread from the archives. Curious is anyone's any more recent information about this bottom corner patch. Previously it was an unknown or "only one seen" so kinda curious on newer info.

rugerpatchcufflink001.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
I have seen a few of those patches. Usually on sleezbay. Most of us who collect such stuff,, regard that one as a counterfeit patch. It's missing the registered trademark at the edge of the eagle. But,, if you look at it,, it does APPEAR to have the mark off the word Ruger.

But,, I could also be wrong.

Do you have a copy of Hank's book on the patches?