Fine day in Prescott, AZ

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chance

Buckeye
Today, at the Prescott, AZ show, a dealer friend asked if I was interested in an old model Super. There was a 80 prefix, highly polished with YUP a BRASS frame. No box or papers but the gun is unfired, not a hint of a turn line, Inc barrel with silver eagles. The package also included a beautiful set of Ajax sambar stags with medallions. Will be interesting to see if it letters Monday morning.

Other finds were H-69x Bearcat, a 4 digit OM Super Blackhawk and a 4 digit flatgate. All in all a good day in the high desert. Sorry for the crummy pics but it's past my bedtime.

S47B001.jpg

S47B002.jpg

S47B007.jpg

S47B008.jpg

S47B009.jpg

S47B013.jpg

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Prescott, Kingman, some great shows once you get away from the big cities. Lower walk-in costs too.

I heard the Crossroads show in February will have a FIFTEEN dollar admission!?!?! Plus parking? Sorry, not for me.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Chance,

You can look up the s/n of that 44 brass frame in the back of Dougan's latest book, all of the brass frame guns are listed by s/n there. Ruger Records uses his book to letter brass frame Supers so it will help save some of the "agony of waiting" if you look it up yourself :D

BB45C

Chance

Buckeye
Thanks Matt
Hashknife Hartley called me yesterday and confirmed it is good. I did not know this info was in Dougans book. Sure enough it is listed, 80-5135X just like HH said Thanks for the help guys.

Chance

Buckeye
Just got off the phone with the Nice Lady at Ruger and the gun letters as a S47B, shipped Sept 1972.