Bushnell Phantoms

Help Support Ruger Forum:

robertkirksey

Blackhawk
I don't know anything about values, but I once owned a Bushnell Phantom scope that came with a pristine Model 53 S&W .22 Jet with a 6" barrel I bought quite a while back. It attached with a spring steel "base" that snapped around the top strap and was clamped tightly by the scope.

Does anyone else remember the rig?

Snake45

Hawkeye
I have two, a 2.5x and a 1.3x. Bought them both at gun shows. I think I paid $20 or $25 for the 2.5x and have sometimes used it on my MK II. The 1.3x I paid either $15 or $20 for and it came complete with a mount that replaces the left grip of a 1911. I've mounted and shot it on a Ciener conversion .22 and might use it again in the future but don't make a regular thing of it. Kinda cool little retro scopes from the '60s.

Snake45

Hawkeye
lovemydals said:
Can someone post a photo of the Bushnell Phantoms scopes?

lmd
Here's the 2.5X on my Mark II.

MKII2.jpg

Hashknife Hartley

Single-Sixer
I wanted an original Phantom scope setup for my Hawkeye for shooting it occasionally and picked up an original Phantom with box and instructions, as shown in the picture. However, finding a mount has proved to be almost impossible, so I then did the next best thing I could think of. I got a Phantom II and a set of General Purpose mounts and the result is also shown in the picture. Actually, for shooting purposes the Phantom II is the best bet as it comes in two different powers and a larger diameter tube for better veiwing. Looks good also, and no dreaded holes in the topstrap. If I ever stumble across a mount for the earlier scope, I'll get it but probably still shoot it with the current setup.
HH
395451532.jpg