Ruger branded prop rods

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Just curious if there were any "SR" logo prop rods or if the current "R" ones like I have below, are all that was ever made. Thanx!

IMG_0613.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
rugerguy said:
who sells the "R" ones, I know that S&W stopped selling theirs a while back.................

Ruger sells them to dealers only and I do know they're pretty tightly allocated.

Compared these to the blue S&W ones and aside from the color/logo, they're the same.

lowwall

Single-Sixer
I was in a Gun Store this last week and they had about 8 to 10 of the Ruger props. All for sale at $5.00 each!

BlkHawk73

Hunter
lowwall said:
I was in a Gun Store this last week and they had about 8 to 10 of the Ruger props. All for sale at $5.00 each!

I have a bunch waiting for phase II of the gun room to take shape (on hold again - stupid furnace :x ) Will have each shooter propped up on one. 8)

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Made my own. 8) Flatgate may show a picture... :wink: I recall The RCA had doweled prop rods made with the old Red Backgnd Silver Blackhawk, back in the eighties. Simply a grip emblem inset on the end of a 5/8th or 3/4" dowel rod........Show much better than the large emblems, I suggest.......... :D

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
T.A. WORKMAN said:
I wouldn't mind getting my hands on some myself.
Like your idea to Mike!!!~
Terry
Frankly, I also ground the loop (for the keyring) off of some Ruger emblems(Potmetal type) which were about 1"+/-(Ruger keychain and/or Pinetree casting givaways) and goop glued them onto/over the Taurus emblem on a bunch of Taurus translucent prop rods a closed business gave to me in a box of "Take this stuff, or it's going out to the white elephant, Mike". They worked as well, just larger as noted earlier..... 8)

G2

Hunter
I made some a while back to see if there was any "REAL" interest.
A little, but not enough to make it worth one's time.
Everybody that replied to my post... I offered to send them one for free, just needed a address.
Out of 15 only 4 PM'd me a address.... go figure.

Edit to add original thread;

http://www.rugerforum.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=70714&highlight=prop

And sorry I think these look way better than the Plastic & Paint.
3/4" dowel, Dark Wood was Walnut, Lighter wood was Cherry.
The Medallions cost $2.50ea, the Dowel was ~$2 ea, a little epoxy, satin, sandpaper & scotchbrite.
I'm sure one could buy the wood for less in quanity.
I cut them just under 5" getting 6 out of a 30" dowel. (~$12)
The Walnut/ Cherry does look good but don't know if I would spend the extra $$,,, would probably just go w/ a hardwood dowel (~$4) and stain it dark next time, after all, it's just a stick. :roll:

P1010003-11.jpg

P1010005-11.jpg

P1010006-9.jpg

P1010007-7.jpg