Jaquas Fine Guns took in a bunch of Ruger Handguns

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
Take a look at www.jaquas.com . They took in a large collection of Ruger handguns and other misc items that are on consignment. It was a nice variety of shooter and collector guns.
A buddy got a Ruger 45 Colt 3 screw and I think others here were on site as well. Some of the guns listed were already on hold so don't get too excited until you get confirmation they are still for sale. The well used 357 maximum was already on hold this am along with the $225 Ruger 22-45.

Good Luck,
Doug

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey, I happened to be there when he got it....a 3 digit 45 for 400 dollars....not to shabby....not many left when we walked in at 8:10 am.....heard over 50 FLAT TOPS went home yesterday....me and MRS Radical stopped in on Wednesday with nothing new showing....they were in the back room getting priced and tagged....I guess it is a good thing as I would have just been sad not being able to buy them all....see ya RR.

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
RadicalRod, I am glad Dick and I could help you spend some more of your money. How did you get in at 8:10 when they don't open until 8:30? You must be right behind the guys who got the Flat Tops on Jaquas Buyer's club list. :lol: Word on the street is that these all came from an individual in Sunny Florida. I think his sale is going to make many happy. The prices are fair IMO.

jimbo1096, my buddy put hands on the 357 maximum and said it was "well used" but for the listed price, you have a great shooter! Congrats to you on your new Ruger.

Tell the boys at Jaquas that Double Auto Doug sent you!!

Doug

chet15

Hawkeye
If they gave serial numbes with their listings, they'd probably be more likely to sell more of these to collectors. But the way they're listed, just looks like a bunch of guns.
Chet15

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
Who ever consigned all those sure liked the 357s. Makes a broke man cry like a baby to see them all pass by.

I'd have liked to have been there when they started sorting all the guns. I was also told these came from Florida and some had spotting from the salt air. Means to me they were put away and not brought out ocossionally for a cleaning and oil down. Sure would like to have seen the entire list. I'll bet that would make for some daydreaming. I could have finished my "want list" all right here. And how did these make it up to Ohio for sale? Seems there would be a dealer closer to home that could handle these, even a Cabellas closer. Just curious.
Chance, I'll post pics, but sounds like it will need TLC before she will be presentable.

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
jimbo. I have never traded or sold to Cabelas, but I would guess that they want more than 15% of the selling price. Jaquas gets 15% of consignment guns and for this many maybe they do a little better? Trying to find guns for sale at the many Cabelas is a PITA. Jaquas web site is wonderful and they take good pics (if the guns stay around for more than a day). It would be interesting to know how many hits Jaquas web site gets in a day. I am guessing that they sold about 50 of the guns they had listed on Friday by the time the web site was updated on Saturday. If there is a better gunshop in the nation, I don't know about it. The best thing is that it is about 20 minutes from my house. For a shotgun guy like me, it is wonderful to have them close by.
Doug

radicalrod

Hunter
Jimbo, if you are talking about the MAXI I believe you are correct.....I looked it over and it will make a good base gun for a project....heard these were stored in a tool shed for some time in Florida......

Dbl Auto, I sat in the parking lot once waiting for the 8 30 opening time to get here while they were taking phone calls at 8 00am.....I just walk in if the door is unlocked.....RR.

hey, if the
price is right" and you're already THERE, buy them ALL, enough to go around, and you'd most likely even make a few "extra'" dollars if they are that "collectible": then again, if they have "issues" the price is NOT right, we see far TOO many guns that are NOT "pristine" to be 100 % "original".....

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
I just got back from Jaquas. They said they have sold over 200 units since Friday. I made it out without buying one.
Doug