Ruger Bisley 44 Special Shootist Base Pin

Help Support Ruger Forum:

xtpshooter

Single-Sixer
I'm hoping someone can answer my question. I noticed on the spec's for the Shootist 44 Special that it was fitted with a #5 Belt Mountain base pin with the number 25 showing on the end. Did this gun actually ship with this base pin as most of the pictures of this gun that I have seen listed for sale, etc., seem to have the standard base pin installed. Just Curious.

WIL TERRY

Buckeye
THOSE basepins were made exclusively for the SHOOTISTS guns and were issued to members of THE SHOOTISTS only.
One of the guns was issued with an additional basepin that had the serial number of that pistol on it; THAT GUN ONLY !!!

flatgate

Hawkeye
I my humble opinion, NO, Ruger did not ship the Shootist Special .44's with a Belt Mountain Base Pin.

Wil Terry and I went to his local "good guy" gun shop and picked up his .44 Special. I had the honor of opening the package!

LftSide_LR.jpg

100% Ruger parts!

flatgate

PS xtpshooter, you say you've seen several of these guns for sale? REALLY?
Are you sure? Could they be the "mistake" series? Ol' Flatgate scored one of them!

chet15

Hawkeye
Flatgate is correct. Recipients of the Shootists Bisley .44 Special also received a Belt Mountain Base Pin as an accessory to their gun which was shipped from the factory with the standard Ruger base pin.

Oh yes, xtpshooter...you mentioned you have seen these Shootists Guns being for sale? I had two of them and was chastised by at least two "Shootists" for selling them, so wonder if the same judgment befalls the other owners as well???
Chet15

Base Pin Maker

Single-Sixer
I made them for the Shootist guns, as I did for the 20th anniversary USFA 44 Specials. The #5 style has become very popular in all the new 44 Specials that Ruger is making. Kelye @ Belt Mtn