Ruger SHOT Show Catalogs

Help Support Ruger Forum:

El Numero Uno

Buckeye
The 2011 catalogs available at SHOT have the LC9 on the cover. 10 days prior at the Dallas Safari Club Show, the 2011 catalog has the LCP with the Crimson Trace Laser.
I had heard from one source that the only catalog in 2011 would be Online.
Already there are 2 different hard copies. At SHOT, I was told that there wold be a limited distribution of 2011 catalogs, in that the large quantities would not be sent to Dealers. There would be only Show distribution.
Will be interesting to see what is at NRA in May.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Thanks for the update, ENU! I'd heard a similar report........and will miss the glossy paper catalogs with lots of neat images!

ON LINE info just ain't the same. No way! Maybe these "new folks" don't understand what a "wish book" is? Man, I had 'em in the day....

:D

flatgate

That is one of the reason I liked Rugers, Marlins & Remingtons they had great catalogs with pictures & a price that I could start saving for! That is how I found out about #1's! Then I purchased my first of many....J/S

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I gotta have catalogs in hand to really enjoy the offerings. Guess I gotta be on the lookout for these two variations now. Anyone got a spare of the Dallas catalog? :lol:
As perhaps a positive note, I e-mailed Ruger asking about a catalog a couple days ago and was told to provide my mailing address and they'd send me one. Wonder which I'll get.
One of the best parts about paper catalogs is they're most all a standard 8 1/2" x 11" size which makes them great fro framing and hanging. :)

chet15

Hawkeye
I noticed the catalog I received from a RF member has "First Edition" or "First Printing" on the cover. I'm pretty sure mine has the LCP with crimson trace laser on the cover, but will need to go out to pa's to verify.
Chet15

chet15

Hawkeye
El Numero Uno said:
Just looked; the first one has VERSION I in small print on the cover.

There you go...that's it.
Guess I'm glad I stuck that catalog in plastic right away.
Chet15

contender

Ruger Guru
I'll swap a copy of the one with the LC9 for one with the LCP if anyone has an extra,,,! I need the version I for my collection.

Hipshot

Single-Sixer
As a result of reading this thread, I placed a call to Ruger last week and got a return call this afternoon regarding catalogs. I was informed that Ruger will be sending dealers a carton of catalogs sometime during February and it will be the one with the LC9 on the cover. They expect another mailing to go out during the month of July.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
BlkHawk73 said:
Wonder if I should see if my dealer can get me a carton. :lol:

I am told that only Dealers on "the list" will get one carton and others will not. You will note that the 2011 catalog reverts back to earlier, thinner, less espensive formats and based on what I was told, there appears to be a diminished investment in catalog advertising, proabably due to the cost. I have suggested that this is a short-sighted decision........... 8)