Rugers and RCA on Gun Talk TV tomorrow - maybe?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
In Tulsa back in November, Tom Gresham was there filming for his new TV show, Gun Talk TV. It is broadcast on Versus, a cable channel, at 8 AM on Sundays (at least here on the East Coast).

I believe that tomorrow morning's show will be the one on Tulsa. Tom had Steve Fjestad (of Blue Book fame) doing interviews of different vendors, sellers, etc... at the show to help give the public an understanding of what it was like being at the biggest gun show in the world. As part of these interviews, they talked with me about the RCA, Rugers, and Ruger collecting. They probably filmed 10-15 min of footage and told me that, if I even made the cut, there woud likely be no more than 2-2.5 minutes of footage on the TV show.

I am not 100% sure that anything about Rugers and the RCA will even be on there tomorrow but I figured I'd let you guys know just in case you may want to watch it.

BB45C

radicalrod

Hunter
AHH your 2.5 minutes of fame :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be 2.4 more than I have ever had :D :D :D Well maybe not I just remembered that I was interviewed by MOTO WORLD while we were racing the 24 hour at Nelson Ledges.....I was wearing a Spectro Oils T shirt and the owner of the oil company sent me 100 dollars for wearing that old t shirt on camera :shock: :shock: :shock: also made the "CRASH" highlights several times :roll: :roll: :roll: see ya RR

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Well, definitely not fame but, I'm hoping, some good press for the RCA, Ruger collecting, and our display shows. That is definitely more important to me. We'll see...

BB45C

mike722

Buckeye
My wife called me from home just now, she watched it, said Matt was on there briefly.. she taped it so I can check it out when I get home from work this evening!

radicalrod

Hunter
Well let's hope they know you meant RUGER.....NOT Lugers......I can't tell you how many times I tell people I collect Rugers and hear the story about the one their Dad brought back from the war..... :? :? :? ......I have been told any press is good press.......so CONGRATULATIONS on making the CUT :D :D :D RR

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Yep, it looks like the RCA got on there for about 30 seconds or so. There are some really nice (but quick) views of SteveRuger's fantastic display, which I had used as the back drop for the interview since it was just so awesome.

Every little bit helps.

I just found out that the individual segments from the show are posted on their website so you can watch them on-line. Here's the link to the segment where the RCA is featured:

http://www.guntalk.tv/gtv/library.php?video_id=648

Episode 3, Part 4

It starts at 1:32 min.

BB45C

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey in part 2 about the 3 minute mark they talk about Friday set up day for the dealers and ADVANCED COLLECTORS......well they flash to a shot of MY SPINNING 44 FLAT TOPS :shock: :shock: :shock: looks like my guns got about a second or two of FAME :lol: :lol: :lol: also saw Rich M in a shot...Part 4 saw Steve Ruger and his display, Matt with his excellent interview, and once again my SPINNING 44 FLAT TOPS :lol: :lol: :lol: sure glad only my guns made the cut as they are much more photogenic than I am :D :D :D RR.

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
Hey, that was pretty neat! I DVR'd the show (never even knew that channel - 603 on DirecTV - existed) and just watched it. Congrats to Matt for his interview, Rod for 2X shots of spinning flattops, Steve for his Super display. I didn't notice Steve or John in the flesh but maybe I'll watch again.

First time I didn't immediately feel compelled to fast-forward through the commercials too!

Jbrown75

Single-Sixer
BlkHawk73 said:
"...Not spending a lot of money"??? Where'd he get that part from??? :lol:
In comparison to the Colt fanatics we don't spend a lot of money. Not that what we prefer is lesser, but honestly, the Colt's are way higher on the perceived value scale. While there is a good amount of money invested by we Ruger fans, but when compared to the cost of the Colt hobby we pale in comparison.
I don't think it was intended as a slight, I think it was more along the lines of a comparison to other collector's associations.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The comment about spending a lot of money is a bit out of context in the segment. I actually brought the topic up during the interview but it wasn't included in the final cut. My point was that it is a lot easier to get into Ruger collecting, from a money perspective, then it is compared to Colt or Winchester.

That's why Steve makes the comment he does at the end of the segment...he's referring back to one of my earlier comments that got edited out.

BB45C

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
Matt. You did an outstanding job representing the RCA. You were very clear and articulate with your comments. I believe we need to hold our hobby up to a high level of integrity as well as enjoyment. There is just way too much negative press today about "gun violence".
Thanks for your input to a great hobby and investment for all of us.
Lee E./ Brass Frame

chet15

Hawkeye
radicalrod said:
AHH your 2.5 minutes of fame :lol: :lol: :lol: that would be 2.4 more than I have ever had :D :D :D Well maybe not I just remembered that I was interviewed by MOTO WORLD while we were racing the 24 hour at Nelson Ledges.....I was wearing a Spectro Oils T shirt and the owner of the oil company sent me 100 dollars for wearing that old t shirt on camera :shock: :shock: :shock:

I thought that was you in the speedo!!
Chet15 :lol: