Ruger Old Army Pricing

Help Support Ruger Forum:

malibu

Bearcat
I'm selling my second old army. I'm keeping my original. It's a S/S 7 1/2 inch new in the box. I would like to know if anyone would know what I should ask for it or what I my might be offered for it from a black powder only shop?

flatgate

Hawkeye
A dealer/shop will "low ball" you every time. That's how they make a living.

Surf over to www.gunbroker.com and search for Old Army guns for sale. Try www.gunsamerica.com, too.

Then post it for sale HERE in Ruger Forum's classifieds.

JMHO,

flatgate

edlmann

Blackhawk
flatgate said:
A dealer/shop will "low ball" you every time. That's how they make a living.
Surf over to www.gunbroker.com and search for Old Army guns for sale. Try www.gunsamerica.com, too.
Then post it for sale HERE in Ruger Forum's classifieds.
JMHO,
flatgate

An addendum: pay attention only to auctions where the gun actually sold. A lot of auctions never get a bid because the seller has delusions of the pot-of-gold at the end of the rainbow.

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
I think dealers usually offer about 65% of what they can sell the gun for. So, if your ROA is worth say worth $450 I would expect them to pay you about $300 for it. Some shopes will have a little tighter profit margin but I woul dnot expect to get more then say 70% of the resale value.

Now, given that black powder is not regulated (yet), you can sell this to anyone and mail it and keep the profit for youself. As for the actual value, I can't advise that as the prices have been all over the board lately and I really don't know anymore what is a real pricewith seemingly insane buyers paying way more then some things are worth.