I found a RCA Ruger Bisley in .32 Magnum....

Help Support Ruger Forum:

oaksalad

Bearcat
Hi there.I have located a .32 H&R Magnum Bisley.It is an RCA certified collectable with a 6 1/2"barrel.
It has stag grips and fixed sights.It is also blued,with a unfluted cylinder.I am looking for any info
on this revolver.It is for sale with the price being $900.Now please tell me what I have found.Thanks.
I meant to add this one is ANIB and 1 of 300 made from 1985-86.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I think your question was already answered over on the Ruger Collectors Association website by Flattop44:

These are certainly desirable Bisleys. There were only about 175 made like the one that you have found with fluted cylinder and fixed/drift adjustable rear sight. While I wish they were consistently valued in the $900 range I estimate these to be more in the $650-750 range when NIB or ANIB. That being said, you sure do not see them for sale very often at all so the "gotta have" factor may enhance the value somewhat, I know it has for me on more than one occasion!! The RCA Stag Bisley with the fluted cylinder and fully adjustable rear sight is very rare with only about 8 or 10 believed made. That one I would estimate it be in the $900 or + range.

I have to agree with him as to value. I just sold one to another forum member a month or so ago, it was NIB, unfired, with original shipping sleeve, and I sold it for $700, shipped.

Just my $0.02

BB45C

oaksalad

Bearcat
It was not answered over there,that's why I posted here.I was trying to find out ANY info on this revolver.I have searched and searched on the net and I cannot find anything on them.And Flattop 44's post seems to not be the actual one I have found.In his post he says"The RCA Stag Bisley with the fluted cylinder and fully adjustable rear sight is very rare with only about 8 or 10 believed made. That one I would estimate it be in the $900 or + range".I edited my post after his reply to include the 1 of 300and it being ANIB and being made in 1985-86.But from my descripton,the one I found is not the same as he was talking about.I am not trying to step on anyone's toes,I just can't find the info.I felt that the post over at RCA was a dead end. Thanks.

Now if the one you sold was like the one I described and you got $700 for it.That was more in line with what I was thinking of offering for it.There just seems to be a lack of info on these.I already have several Bisleys.Thanks again.

oaksalad

Bearcat
No,IIRC,the stag grips are factory ones.It is written on the box and on the RCA certificate included with it.Thanks.

SteelShooter

Single-Sixer
The RCA Bisleys were commissioned by the RCA and 99% were RB-32's, only a handful had adjustable sights and 8 known to exist. This information comes from the source listed below.

These (RB-32's had fluted cylinders and fixed drift adjustable rear sights. The stag grips are not factory, but were fitted to the guns after shipment bu Ruger per arrangement by the RCA to make this special edition. @ 174 were made, NIB selling for $640. Serial numbers range
650-16146 through 650-17263. For more information on stag grips do a search on the forum. I had a question on Factory stag grip values, and got great answers from the forum members here.

Best place to get this information if you are interested in learning about Ruger models and serial numbers is Chad Hiddlesons Reference of Ruger Firearms, virtual bible on Rugers!

Can buy on E-bay, carry one around with me at all times, just in case I run into something and need to determine if I should buy or fold LOL

Don Garlitz

Bearcat
Every one I have seen sell In the last five years (3) has brought 750.00 or better! And sold fast.I bet and Adjst sight model would bring more than 900.00 if offered for sale on a auction site With only 8 Known. I have never seen one without the box & shipper. :)
140723249.jpg

140723247.jpg

G2

Hunter
Just recently there was a pair that sold for $1200.
Last one I saw on AA went for $700.
I have seen 1 on GB go for ~$900+
I paid $725.

I would consider a good buy when one thinks what a set of Stags cost ~$150 +... Some of the stags I have seen on these have been really nice.

Regular production guns see them for $550-650. There has been a few show up lately, Seems they come and go in waves.

oaksalad said:
Hi there.I have located a .32 H&R Magnum Bisley.It is an RCA certified collectable with a 6 1/2"barrel.
It has stag grips and fixed sights.It is also blued,with a unfluted cylinder.I am looking for any info
on this revolver.It is for sale with the price being $900.Now please tell me what I have found.Thanks.
I meant to add this one is ANIB and 1 of 300 made from 1985-86.

Are you sure it is a UN fluted cylinder and if so does it have the Bisley rollmarkings? I have never seen one of these with a unfluted cylinder. The Certificate I have states they were "fluted cylinder". I know that flutted cylinders in the .32 Bisley are the most rare and hardest to find, be it the RCA guns or regular production.
If you decide to act on it you might want to take a close look at the Certificate, Specs and what the gun currently wears, kinda sounds like a cylinder swap might have happened here.

Here's some more eye candy. :D
438071_DSC00860.jpg

oaksalad

Bearcat
Awesome,that's it guys.That is the revolver I have found.And you are correct about the cylinder being fluted.I had a brain fart there.Thanks so much for the info and the help.This is the kind of help I was looking for.

Another question for you guys.So who did Ruger ship these gun to to put the grips,etc.Is or does the RCA sell or distribute guns?Or is it just more like a collectors club/org.?The one I have found is in really nice shape.I just love those Bisley revolvers.I am not a collector per se,I am anaccumulator.I was thinking that the $7-750 was probably in the ball park.I think the owner,it is on consignment,started out wanting $1200,later dropping down to $900.

Again,thankyou so much for the help.

chet15

Hawkeye
It is interesting to see a market value posted where it is on this one. Sales of non-RCA issue (regular production) .32 Mag. Bisleys have brought pretty good $ the last couple years so you would think the additional value of the stag panels would be an added plus.
Chet15