Harrisburg Show; Now with a few IMAGES!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

bigbore45colt

Hunter
The Ruger Collectors Association (RCA) will once again be hosting our Annual Spring Display show in Harrisburg, PA on March 19-20, 2011.

On Monday, January 10th, I will mail out the information packets to those of you on the mailing list, as well as those of you that have provided me with your mailing address in the last year. If you do not receive a packet in the next week or two, and would like one, please drop me an email and I will get one out to you ASAP.

The show will be held at the Pennsylvania State Farm Show Complex in Harrisburg, PA. Set-up is on Friday, March 18th from 4PM until 7PM. The show is on Saturday, March 19th and Sunday, March 20.

The information packet I sent out includes all of the details about the show, table reservations, banquet information and hotel info.

The RCA has secured a block of room at the Courtyard by Marriott, about 8 miles away from the show, at a discounted rate of $99.99. This is a new location as compared to prior years. There are 20 rooms being reserved (4 singles and 16 doubles) until March 1, at which time any unbooked rooms will be released. If you are interested, please call the hotel directly, at (717) 558-8544, anytime after Tuesday, January 12th, and tell them you are with the Ruger Collectors Association in order to obtain the discounted rate.

Once again, the RCA will be holding a fund raising auction after the banquet on Saturday night. 100% of the profits will go to the RCA Display Show fund to help run the display shows, the NRA show, fund trophies, improve the recruitment tables, get member badges, table covers, raffles, prizes, etc. Recent prizes for displayers have included a few firearms (USPS Sped Six, 77/22, Bisley 44 Special, etc...) and we would like to be able to continue to encourage, and reward, displayers.

Rules are simple. Opening bid on all items, except firearms, is $5. Firearms will have a reasonable opening bid to be determined based on the gun. No reserves, no absentee bidding, no phone bids, you have to be present to bid. Payment due at the end of the auction, cash or check. Winning bidders take their item home with them, except for firearms, which will need to be shipped to an FFL.

I would like to take the opportunity to solicit you for donations for the March Harrisburg auction. Please let me know by PM or email (in my profile) if there is anything that you would like to donate. No item is too small. We simply ask that you ship the item to me (or my FFL if a gun) so that we can have it in hand, document it in the master auction list, and catalog it for the auction. We will have a list of items available for people at the show. We will then bring all items with me to the show and set up the auction before dinner. We will have our banquet on Saturday night allowing everyone to inspect all of the items and then have our auction after dinner.

Thanks in advance for helping to continue to improve our great hobby! I look forward to seeing some of you again, and meeting some of you for the first time!

See you in Harrisburg!!

BB45C

BlkHawk73

Hunter
ARGH! Figures... I'd planned to attend finally this yr but... The wife's annual manager's meeting has been the same week for years now but this year was moved a week later - the week of this show. ARGH! PLEASE...someone take lots of pictures of the memorabelia "stuff". :)

Terry T

Buckeye
Looking for it in the mail. :D
Had a VERY good show last year - (won a Harrisburg Special !!! :D )
Terry T

41 nut

Bearcat
Do they have smoking rooms? Or am I out of luck because I;m a smoker? I'll have to give them a call and check it out.

Gave them a call today. Another non smoking place, so I'll be staying at the same place I have the last 3 years.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
For those of you who have received a packet, please be sure to get your table applications in to me by Friday, Feb 11...that's this coming Friday....

If you haven't received a packet, please PM or email me so I can get one out to you.

BB45C

bigbore45colt

Hunter
I wanted to remind anyone planning on attending the banquet that I need a headcount for the banquet to provide the caterer. It will be locked in about a week prior to the show so don't wait to let me know if you're planning on coming.

Thanks!!

BB45C

Terry T

Buckeye
"The check is in the mail" (a bit late). Looking forward to another great show and banquet! Even got a room reserved! :D
Now we just need to do the 'fair weather' dance each day till we start the hike east. :shock:
Terry T

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Thanks for letting me know, Terry. I'll put you down for a display table.

Looking forward to seeing you there again. We really appreciate you making the cross-country trek to come display your fine Ruger DAs! That is some dedication!!

BB45C

Terry T

Buckeye
Matt,
Dedication or crazy, some days I'm not sure which! :D
I had a very good time last year!
Terry T

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Well, the show is this weekend. I hope to see as many Ruger Forum members as possible. Please stop by and introduce yourselves if you can.

Anyone is welcome to attend the banquet Saturday night. I just need to know by Friday morning so that I can let the caterer know of the correct headcount. It is $30 per person, all included (except bar drinks).

Feel free to email, PM or call me 610 216 8624

Hope to see you there!

BB45C

seeemmiss

Single-Sixer
Matt does deserve a congrats for the work that goes into planning such an event. Wish I could bee there to see all those great guns. I is a real joy to see all those fine guns in one place. Also a real joy to talk Rugers with true collectors. Bayberry I will make it next year. Until then, I will just keep adding guns.

Jody

Terry T

Buckeye
Set up is done - show is look'in GOOOOD! :D
Weather is great!
Going to be a GOOD weekend! :D
Terry T

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Here are a few quick pics for your viewing pleasure... More to come I am sure

dave
0HarrisburgRCA3-11064.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11063.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11062.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11059.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11057.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11048.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11047.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11045.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11042.jpg

0HarrisburgRCA3-11038.jpg

contender

Ruger Guru
Well,,,,, the pic of the "Ruger Handgun Terms" is my display! I highlighted 13 guns,, to help describe the different terms we collectors use. It's amazing how many folks stop by,, and say; "I have a gun just like that" which leads to a lot of neat conversations! I really enjoyed the older gentleman who was eves-dropping on the conversation while I explained "Alphabet Bearcats" to another guy. This older gentleman borrowed my pen,, wrote down a lot of the info I had posted on the dispaly board,, and stood patiently until the other guy left. Then,, he too inquired about his Bearcat. It seems that this gentleman had owned it for many, many years,, and was always a little scared of carrying it loaded. NO ONE had EVER told him about "Load one, skip one, load four" with OM guns. He was amazed at how simple it was. I borrowed a beater from RR to help show this gentleman how to do it for himself. Terry T was watching,, and this older gentleman was just so happy saying how that the info I had given him was the best thing ever.
That's why I display at RCA shows,, and why my display is so much fun.

Ruger1nut

Blackhawk
Your a good guy Tyrone... Too bad some guy plagiarize your display idea!! 8) :lol:

The show was fun to be sure, I was both a student and a teacher at the show.
It was kinda nice

Dave