Winchester 101 12ga

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
Anyone have a idea as to the value of a Winchester 101 12ga Full & Full 30" . I would consider it to be about 95%. The asking price is $650.00.

chapped lips

Single-Sixer
I took a 72hr pass to naf atsugi in 1970 and while waiting for my penpal girlfriend to land there went over to the navy exchange at yokohama....all in japan.

Near the stereo section and the rice bikes was this little side room....maybe 20 x 20.
Nothing but winchester 101's.....a waist-high rack and chest high rack on each wall.
I have no idea how many 101's were in there but it was a bunch! No rifles...no other shotguns. One of our officers later bought a trap model.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
The NNW's wants to know what one uses the 30" F&F barrels for, especially if one has to use steel shot. When the Migratory duck flyway was near me, years ago, it may have been a good "pass shooter", but I understand that steel sho will take the choked ends out of the barrels and ruin the gun..........Is this particular gun relegated to only the trap shoots? The Hawkeye Girls are wondering... 8)

Stumps13

Single-Sixer
This gun (101) does have 30"barrels and both are full choke. A to what the gun could be used I believe the following:
1. Trap
2. Bunker Trap
3. International Trap
4. European Pheasant Hunts
5. Any event that shoots LEAD
6. Some stations on a sporting clay course (distance)
I am sure someone else may have additional uses but these come to mind.
Stumps

If you're worried about shooting steel, you can have those full chokes replaced with choke tubes and use the gun for anything by changing chokes. I'd be more concerned about the portability of a 30" barreled gun. Long and heavy; best used for trap and waterfowl from a blind, or turkeys from a blind. Or called coyotes. Not a gun to tromp thru the brush and briars with, I think. But the price IS right!