FT 44, November 1957

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc44

Single-Sixer
FT 44, serial number 5704, shipped in November 1957. This is the second 44 Magnum I purchased for my collection. The stag grips were purchased several years ago at a meeting of the Smith & Wesson Collectors Association. You never know where a neat pair of grips will turn up :D .

Bill
Life Member RCA

orig.jpg

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Flatgate...Happy New Year!!! You are correct. These grips are made to look at and not to shoot with.

Bill

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
I'm just waiting on delivery of .44 Flattop #4954 and would love to have a set of genuine Ruger stags for special occasions. Any idea where I might find some? Will post pics of mine when it arrives.

Mike

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Mike...I have found several pairs on ebay over the years and several at the show in Tulsa (particularly the one in November) and the Ohio Gun Collectors show.

Bill

BC Mike

Single-Sixer
Doc44 said:
Mike...I have found several pairs on ebay over the years and several at the show in Tulsa (particularly the one in November) and the Ohio Gun Collectors show.

Bill

Hi Bill,
It's been an eye opener looking at how close some fakes can look very close to the real deal. Maybe sometime I can shake a pair loose from one of our trusted group :)

radicalrod

Hunter
Heck if the price is right I could care less what the "staking" looks like.....can't see it when they are on a gun.....BUT if they want full blown retail they better be lookin right......YMMV, see ya RR.