44 FLATTOP 2a QUESTION

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Hi I didnt want to hijack his post so my question is what causes the ring on the back edge of the flattop cylinders was it dirt in the frame ? I have a type 1 357 with the same ring and can not see what caused it

GRAMPS

On this one it is due to rear sight elevation screw extending slightly into the frame on top and rubbing on the cylinder as it rotates. I haven't taken the screw and sight off yet, so not certain the screw is "correct."

WELL I just went in and dug it out and you are exactly right if I turn in into the light just right I can see where the end of the screw is missing the bluing in a tiny spot where it rubbed at one time. I guess I got to put the good glasses on when I look at these things

THANKS GRAMPS

flatgate

Hawkeye
Gramps,

Glad to hear you got things figured out. Troubles/Questions/Discussions about old Rugers is Exactly Why we are Here.

Happy New Year!

flatgate

whoa, ONE too many for Mr Flatgate this morning!!!! yes, we mentioned the "ring" above , in his post and just noticed you asked here, gramps....this happens all too often, and yes, we've removed, ( redone) MANY , MANY over the years to "correct" (remove) the ring.....nature of the beast

happy new year................