Factory Ivory?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Okay you collector stalwarts, here is my question. Did Ruger serial number the inside of their factory ivory grips on the old model flat tops to match the gun serial number? Please say yes and make my holiday season even beter!

flatgate

Hawkeye
NO! The pairs were numbered so they could be matched up at shipping time.

119416764.jpg

119416767.jpg

flatgate

Well based on you gentlemens comments maybe the seller was mistaken but since I am not much of a collector so to speak that is okay. The gun in question was on Gun Broker with an auction number of 205752601 and it will be moving to Oregon regardless but we'll look a bit closer when it arrives. Like I said, it combines two of my favorite things in flat tops and ivory in one package so I am happy.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Robb Barnes said:
Okay you collector stalwarts, here is my question. Did Ruger serial number the inside of their factory ivory grips on the old model flat tops to match the gun serial number? Please say yes and make my holiday season even beter!
Appears to be a fair price for ivory and gun as best the pix's show. Have never known grips to be numbered the way illustrated, only with two penciled numbers to match the panels.....The emblems are set back further than originals, as well. Would offer that they are very nice aftermarket panels.

pix837967722.jpg