No Eagle Super/now with case (Pic added)

Help Support Ruger Forum:

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Was able to pick it up yesterday 12/23/10,,,Pretty slick gun.Thanks WMG/Brass Frame/Lee.
Got the case from Lee yesterday 1/26/11,,,In person,classy guy and a pleasure to meet. Thanks Ruger Forum,WMG and Brass Frame for helping me put this package together.
394851725.jpg

SBH4628

Blackhawk
Not as bright as my other Supers,,,Never seen a dull finish Super :oops: The gun # is 2856. Now I gotta find a box.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
I have an original spare Mahogany case for a standard frame SBH. It is in very nice condition. I would need $450 plus freight.
Brass Frame/Lee

SBH4628

Blackhawk
BRASS FRAME said:
I have an original spare Mahogany case for a standard frame SBH. It is in very nice condition. I would need $450 plus freight.
Brass Frame/Lee

Hmmm,,Could you send pics of the box? Thanks for the offer.

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
Sorry, I do not post pictures. I will have to email them to you or to someone who can post them for me. Brass Frame

street

Hunter
SBH4628 said:
Not as bright as my other Supers,,,Never seen a dull finish Super :oops: The gun # is 2856. Now I gotta find a box.

If your gun has the factory finish then you have a dull finish Super. This is the same polish that they used for the Single-Six, and Flattops and everything else that Ruger made at that time. When the Factory that made the Mahogany Cases for the Supers burned down, Ruger started putting a Super High Finish on their Super Blackhawks, to make up for not having a Mahogany Case. As it turned out there were a few of the Cases left at the factory and a very few of the High Polish Supers were shipped in the Mahogany Case. I had one at one time, serial number 5555.

bigbore45colt

Hunter
Very nice, SBH4628!

Be sure not to store the gun in that case for long periods of time or it will start to freckle very quickly. Most of us have seen guns stored in their mahogany case unprotected and the results are very, very bad.

If you want to keep it in the case, oil it well and wrap it in seran wrap and then put it in the case. It will prevent any negative effects.

BB45C

americal

Hunter
NICE :!: The folks on this forum come through AGAIN :) When you need Ruger things :wink: Who you gonna call :?: RugerForum.com :D

BRASS FRAME

Single-Sixer
Hey Daniel, the pleasure was all mine to meet you in person. You have a very impressive complete package now. Glad to be of help for you. Good luck in finding more Ruger treasures. Brass Frame/Lee

Latest posts