Matched pair of Buckeyes................

Help Support Ruger Forum:

were offered to us at the show today, both new in the boxes, serial numbered the SAME, #610/611-0054x...........
wanted $1450 for the pair, even offered to split them up, told him not to.....

the Buckeye Specials were offered n 1989 first in 32-20,32H&R Mag
and then in 1990 in 38-40/10 mm, convertibles, with the Ohio Buckeye leaf engraved in the guns 'top strap'............

flatgate

Hawkeye
I have the .40 cal. and would like to find the .32.....

271110383.jpg

flatgate

KTM

Single-Sixer
I have a Buckeye in .32-20/.32 H&R Mag. :D

Buckeye_32-20.jpg

Hmmm, I need to have a closer look at it next time I have the safe open, it appears to be turning a little plum. I don't remember it being plum... This is an older photo I took of it and I didn't set the .32 mag cylinder out for the photo.

collectormzornes

Blackhawk
I have the 38-40 one as well and need the 32-20. If any one runs across #1813 I think that is it anyways been a while since I looked at it.

pharmuse

Bearcat
Wow, this is the last time I had these out for some exercise. By the date, its been almost exactly 3 years.
christmas2007001-1.jpg

christmas2007004.jpg

The 32 cal is still pristine. The ejector housing on the 40 cal has a scratch on it. Looks like the ejector rubbed it.

The 40 cal on the right is one that has had a little work done to it and is probably a 95%+ gun. It is a 3 digit gun. Dont know which one is in the target pic.
I've become more of a "bisley guy".
octagon-1.jpg

*************************************************************I'd trade these in a heartbeat for a octagon barreled FA 97 in 41 magnum. :twisted:

chet15

Hawkeye
flatgate said:
Nice, WMG, very nice. If I could find the .32............

flatgate

Good luck with that Flatgate. You may or may not know this, but Ruger didn't initially let their "subscribers" get their .32 conv. Buckeye's with their numbers, they shipped them all to Buckeye. A few employees complained and may have stopped shipment of their guns before they left the factory but I know some had to get them back from Buckeye. Buckeye's idea was to hopefully cash in on the deal and they held back the first 100 or so earliest serial numbers they got in. A few years later when they were having $ issues they decided to sell those off as well.
I can't tell you if #610-00100 was part of the last holdings or not, but we did manage to pull six guns from 610-00020 and earlier, including #610-00015 and 610-00002 which we still have.
Chet15
Oh yes...on a couple other #100's, PM sent.

mohavesam

Hawkeye
Convertibles are the best value in Ruger SA guns!

I've a pair of the Buckeye guns put back, and a .40 Buckeye that gets shot regularly. It digests anything in 10mm my Dillon creates, and is crucial for '"mistakes".

The 38-40 conversion is one of the most fun Blackhawks I own. I made a miracle shot once coming around a bend on a swamp trail in snowy southern MI hardwood tangle. I saw a fat cottontail hop into the trail just behind a fallen log about 60-70 yards ahead. As I shifted to the side for a standing sapling to use as a rest, I caught the ears-forward face of a coyote in the brush from the left.

I centered up on the yote at the neck, as only his shoulders and head were visible. The Buckeye cracked in automatic mode, and the yote crumpled at 62 paces! The old 180-gr softpoint punched thru an inch behind the ear and exited with a spray of brainstem, killing the yote in his shadow. The Blackhawk put the bullet within two inches of my POA at just about 60 yards!

Mr. Bunny congratulated me on the shot and thanked me for another day in the sun, before hopping off for a warm hole somewhere.

Any meaningful collection of convertible Blackhawks starts with the Buckeye editions. I've always thought their finishes were superior to the rest of the production runs, and they just shoot 'better-er' than most.