A Neat "Shooter " Super Single-Six

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Doc44

Single-Sixer
I have owned this Super Single-Six for many years and have shot it a lot. I recently changed the front sight and put a steel ejector rod housing on it. It is one of my favorite shooting Rugers. Interestingly, although the cylinder has been rotated hundreds of times, there is no ring (or one that is just barely visible) on it :) .

Bill
Life Member RCA

orig.jpg

Great looking old model single six!

If handled properly the old model Rugers do not get a ring. On an old model, the ring is a result of people taking the hammer to half cock for loading/unloading then NOT pulling the hammer all the way back to full cock before letting it down. Letting it down form half cock is what rings the cylinder on OM's. The ring is standard on NM rugers unless you are Flatgate and like homeboy welding on locking bolts.

Scott

Single-Sixer
I'm not sure I believe that you shoot that gun :wink: The photography looks like a touched up pic from a magazine add. Good job & nice lookin' SS!

flatgate

Hawkeye
Why "can" the perfectly "perfect" original sight? I have a "SC-4" and it's front sight is one of my favorite styles......

SC4.jpg

flatgate

Doc44

Single-Sixer
Flatgate...I prefer the ramp style and it is much easier on holsters. The sharp rear edge of the original front sight tears up a lined holster rather badly (at least in my experience).

Bill

Latest posts