real or memorex..part II

Help Support Ruger Forum:

this is the "other" Ruger we picked up this weekend..................
a very nice, mint 357 mag 5 1/2-inch...............

KRH-35501-21553rt.jpg

aside from the coming snow storm, all in all the Medina, Oh show was very good, saw a few of the 'older' Ruger collectors there,from days LONG ago.... :wink:

Black Fly

Single-Sixer
I've never seen a RH in 357. That is nice! Could you guys post a little more info on this model. I hurt my shooting hand the other year, and my old single actions don't feel good in my hand and I don't shoot them as well, anymore. I added an SP101 22 a few months ago, that is a perfect fit. Might sell my NMBH 357/9mm to get one of these if it would fit my hand.
Curious how they differ from the GP series, particularly in the grip area, weight and balance and of course mechanicals.
Thanks
Bfly

Well, if nothing else it's likely the heaviest .357 ever made.

I have no idea how heavy an "N" frame Smith .357 is, nor one of the heavy-barrel Dan Wessons . . . but a .357 Redhawk is basically an "underbored" .44 Magnum.

Personally, I really like the grip shape. It's one of the most comfortable .44's I've fired. As a .357 it should be a cream puff.

JMHO
:)

kinda like shooting 22s out of a Super Blackhawk...........
not sure of the numbers, but I do know that the 357 mag was the "least" made number, followed by the 41 mags..... they made 'em in 5 1.2 inch as well as the longer 7 1/2 barrels back in the early ,mid 1980s......dropped soon after, guess cause there is SO MUCH stainless steel used in the guns, they are very heavy in the 357 ,big barrel, small hole.....maybe Chad has some 'better' numbers as for quantities made........

BlkHawk73

Hunter
A co-worker just bought the 7 1/2" model of the .357 Redhawk. Box, papers all that original stuff. It was his brother's, had a single box of rounds through it. The brother wanted $250 but was forced to take $350 after I told my friend what it was really worth.

mattsbox99

Hunter
Ale-8(1) said:
Well, if nothing else it's likely the heaviest .357 ever made.

I have no idea how heavy an "N" frame Smith .357 is, nor one of the heavy-barrel Dan Wessons . . . but a .357 Redhawk is basically an "underbored" .44 Magnum.

Personally, I really like the grip shape. It's one of the most comfortable .44's I've fired. As a .357 it should be a cream puff.

JMHO
:)

The N frame Smiths are lightweights compared to the Redhawk. Not that it bothers me. Mine is a M28-2, 4". They are beefy frames and cylinders, but have very wimpy barrels. Rugers are beefy throughout.