Rare or odd ball mistake?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Rare or odd ball mistake?

I just got to looking at one of my 44 SP carbine's, we call them "Sporter Finger Grooves" in the book the first pre-fix is a "100-xxxx" this one looks like this
"1 0-xxxx"

well there is no "10" per-fix rifle guns. and this one has a space between the
1 and the 0. thus missing the other "0"

so im calling it a mistake odd ball. and RARE!

any one on here will to post a pic of it for me? i cant figure out on how to do that. but i can e-mail you a pic.

Scott

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Go to the Gallery section and read the "sticky" for how to post a pic.

As for the "rare" aspect...Of course it's rare, it's the only one with that serial number. ;) seriously, "rare" is WAY overused for everything now a days. "Unusual" perhaps, but 'rare"... Kinda like changing grips on a gun and then thinking it's "custom". :roll:

Odd-ball mistake? Yup.

Rare? "Scarce" might be a better term. "Rare" seems to imply value.

Valuable? Well, to a "numbers guy" perhaps.

Interesting to a Rugerphile? Certainly!! Anxiously awaiting pic.

;)

hdonlybob

Single-Sixer
Here you go Scott,
Sorry for the delay, I tried early this morning, and couldn't get to load. Just got home from ~300 miles in the crap they call snow up here...YUK.....35mph on interstates sucks....
HD :D
393975628.jpg

flatgate

Hawkeye
Scott,

#1 Use a tripod and then, if the camera has one, use the timer so the shutter will trip without you touching the camera.

#2 No direct lighting. A dimly lit gun will usually show up pretty well, especially after a computer geek with good image editing software gets through.

I tried but there's just too much glare........

I set guns on the basement floor. I set cardboard boxes on the sides between the gun and the windows so NONE of the direct light, even on a cloudy day, gets to the guns. I'll hold a 15" by 24" piece of white styrofoam in one hand and use it to gently "reflect" some of the light from the windows down at the guns.....

A piece of my "gunshow table covers" is used for the background.

268537865.jpg

271110390.jpg

The "pro's" use a light box and they get some fantastic results.

flatgate

chet15

Hawkeye
The only other gun I've heard of with such an issue (not quite as bad as your gun mr. deerstalker, is a M77 flatbolt serial number 70- 4478. Tthe very bottom serif of a 1 appears in line with the top of the rest of the serail number, but because it wasn't that identifiable, the factory put a "D" after the serial number as a duplicate, duplicating serial number 70-04478.
Chet15