How to store? pistols

Help Support Ruger Forum:

roylt

Hunter
New to "collecting" and would like advise on how to store my P series.

I have the plastic cases for most of them but the ones I don't, is there a cloth or plastic I should lay them on?

Any and all input welcomed.

zipper cases (pouches) whatever , as long as they are NOT vinyl ,as they have to 'breathe'....you say you are missing some P series cases? I have a bunch of them I'll let go "cheap"...let me know

radicalrod

Hunter
Hey I am called crazy but I buy NEW SOCKS and oil up my guns put the sock over them then put them in zip lock bags.....it has worked well for me.....the freezer bags have a place to write all the info on them.....if you are a good stacker you can get maybe 40 or so Ft's in one filing cabinet drawer.....FIRE PROOF of course.....I only use "used socks" when I sell a gun :lol: :lol: :lol: YMMV.....see ya RR.

PS I am talking about the socks we wear on our feet...not the expensive "GUN SOCKS".....10 pair for 7.99 at Meiers.....enough for 20 guns..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

chopprs

Single-Sixer
What Radical said but the battery operated vacuum pack freezer bags are way better. I also put a couple/few of the silica gel packets that come packed with various items in there too........
Of course in the safe is good and then just pull them out a couple times a year for a fondling and a rub down! :)

roylt

Hunter
What about the "inside" of the gun? Should I spray oil inside the mag well and slide area etc? I'm new to all this and my wife thinks I'm crazy "wasting" money on guns.

Are you actually collecting or just storing them between uses. If you use them, especially frequently, a light coating of your favorite gun spray with a wipe to spread it around is fine. Just keep them from lating against materials that will trap moisture.

chopprs

Single-Sixer
..or get a silicone cloth and just wipe it off well after a normal clean and lube.

roylt

Hunter
What I call collecting is most likely not collecting to the true gun guy.

All are used and can/will be shot from time to time but may also have a 6 month rest in the safe.

Trying to get all the metal P-series.

Current list is:
KP89DC
P89DC
KP90DC
PP90DC (LE only)
KP91DC

Still hunting for:
KP85
KP93DC
KP94DC
and maybe a KP89DAO