New Variation...it has arrived !

Help Support Ruger Forum:

chet15

Hawkeye
Well, its finally arrived...Sturmless grip medallions :?
Dad just got in a brand new KBN-34X from Williams and it only has an "R" in the center of both grip medallions. Serial number 38-06013.
I feel bad now because just attended the Des Moines 4H building show this past weekend. Lots of guns there but I didn't catch it.
So hopefully a lot of the fine folks here on RF will chime in with at least PM's to help us all know when this change was made on all their SA revolvers and pistols as well.
Chet15

And now we'll have an entire "generational" set of variations including all the XR3 and XR3RED and SBH and Bisley configurations . . . "with S or without S?"

Ain't it grand . . . in spite of the sacrilege.

;)

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
I guess I need another New Model. These are medallions found on Blackhawks so far:

1. Satin Black Eagles on an early 1956 .357
2. Thin Neck Black Eagles on a 1961 .44
3. Neck Feather Black Eagles on a 1967 .41
4. Thick Neck Black Eagles on a 1970 .357
5. Squashed Chicken Silver Eagles on a 1973 .44
6. Tarnished Silver Eagles on a Liberty .45 LC/.45 ACP
7. Current Silver Eagles on a new Model .357
8. Current Black Eagles on a 50th Anniversary .44
9. Gold Eagles on a 1 of 500 50th Anniversary .357
10. Alexander Sturm-less (Black or Silver?) Eagles

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Oops, I saw some a short time back and didn't give it a second thought that they'd changed. I'll keep my eyes open.

RugerBoi

Single-Sixer
Fellow Collectors, I have to admit (reluctantly) that I own a few new models. And so far they all drag a turn line on the cylinder with the simple action of cocking and firing. No abuse, nothing I don't do to my "old" guns with no adverse effect. With the loss of the S and the takeover by stockholder's "best interests" has gone true quality and craftsmanship...Oh, by the way, for about $80 in parts and gunsmithing you can keep your Maximum, 44 spl flattop, etc. from early lockup...RB

Ale-8(1) said:
Sad indeed.

I'll bet Mr. Ruger is spinning . . .

:(
If Mr. Ruger is spinning just think what Mr. Sturm (or his family) is doing? I have to admit I don't own any stock but wonder if by eliminating the "S" Sturm from the logo is really making the company any more money? I can tell you it definitely cost them something to do it. Sad indeed.

BlackEagle

Blackhawk
Is there anything else different about the medallions? Maybe they were a mistake??

mrbumps

Blackhawk
I just pciked up one of those models myself and never even noticed the medallion only had an "R"

BH357_9mm.jpg

caryc

Hawkeye
The last time I purchased medallions maybe two months ago all the silver eagles had only the R. So you can't even buy the SR's anymore.

cubrock

Blackhawk
I must have missed the discussion - why, exactly, has Ruger dropped the Sturm name?

chet15

Hawkeye
That is a big question. The only thing I could figure is that with the complete new hierarchy at Ruger (since the Ruger days), well...they did it because they could. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Heard one exec at a trade show say once that they did it because nobody really remembers who Sturm was anyway. Ummmm....that is the reason there are marketing issues I.M.O. with Ruger today...they are only interested in selling new product and could care less about selling their history. Don't get me wrong, I think the new management style that has been in place for several years now is much more efficient than it was, but to me the only end result of getting rid of the "S in the "SR" trademark was the cost that it took to make the change.
So really, Ruger is in just as much a predicament with the "R" as they were with the "SR". NOBODY REALLY KNOWS WHY! Nor do I think anybody cares, except for us Ruger guys that do know the company's history. So if they'd have left it alone, nobody would have cared anyway.
Chet15

Latest posts