Get the finish back on NYCPD service six????????

Help Support Ruger Forum:

triaxle

Bearcat
I got a DAO service six with the star on the crane I was looking it over and the finish had some polished finish wear in spots and a few scrathes I took some 1500 paper and a small piece scotch brite but now I have swirls . How can I get a finish that looks right .

triaxle

Bearcat
cleaned some more with 1500 grit then flitz looks good . a littlt brighter than before I kind of liked the brushed look . but its looking good with the flitz polish.

triaxle

Bearcat
I was thinking you would chime in . I got the marks out and it still has a factory look how do you guys do it ????????????

weaselmeatgravy

Staff member
If it has a factory look, it would seem you got it all figured out!

Or was that not the intent?

The only time I've tried to restore the finish to a gun was on a GPNY and I used a green Scotch Brite pad. It came out looking as good as I needed it to, but it didn't quite have a factory look to it.

Terry T

Buckeye
I sort of figured that a real police gun SHOULD have some character marks. :shock:
I don't plan on cleaning mine up. :D
Terry T

triaxle

Bearcat
It looks good I got some of the marks out its not a high gloss which I did not want . Our deer season opened today and I was looking at my stainless 44 in the sun lite when it was out and it had real fine swerls in it kind of a little duller but I dont know how to get that . Saw 17 doe and one buck on the way home.