Weekend Bearcats

Help Support Ruger Forum:

Chance

Buckeye
Got lucky this weekend in Tucson and managed to pickup 2 old model Bearcats: alpha cat, V988 and SBC, 91-44676. The alpha cat has a light gold tint in both the cylinder and bbl rollmarks. Is this something the factory ever did, can't find any mention in RENE. Both are boxed but the only paperwork is the warranty card for the SBC. Have been looking at the alpha since last spring but wasn't willing to pay the price. Had looked for it Fri night but it wasn't on the guys table. Sat morning Tusconite told me it was there so I went to talk to the owner. He still wanted to much but my wife wanted the gun so I threatened to tell his wife about the two guns he bought from me at the last show when his wife wasn't there. It worked; My wife got her early Bearcat and I didn't have to rat him out. (LOL)

Bearcats001.jpg

Bearcats002.jpg

Bearcats003.jpg

Bearcats008.jpg

Bearcats007.jpg

Bearcats009.jpg

Bearcats013.jpg

Bearcats014.jpg

deserttrans

Buckeye
Very nice find. I hope some stuff like that is at the Phoenix SAR show comming up. By the way... the wife threatning is a good tactic.

flatgate

Hawkeye
Nice 'cats! I really like the Alphabet gun. I've seen LOTS of Bearcats with the roll engraving on the cylinder "gold washed". Not Factory, but very popular, it seems, back in the day.

flatgate

Chance

Buckeye
Always good stuff at the PHX SAR (Small Arms Review) show and with the current situation there will probably be even more bargins than usual.

The gold wash is subtle enough to look okay but would prefer it not be there.

Sorry WMG but it's time my wife learns some self control. Her gun buying is getting out of control :D :D. Here's a couple more she picked up this summer.

Bearcats1001.jpg

Chance

Buckeye
Did the convertible sell? I kind of avoided that area after recovering from the sticker shock. It was a nice one with box papers and shipper.

Latest posts