Ruger Collecting Related? Why, Yes!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

lovemydals

Buckeye
Does anyone on the forum know the procedure & the product used for highlighting firearms serial numbers, etc in white? I'm thinking of doing this with my Alpha Bearcat display. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance!

lmd

radicalrod

Hunter
Dennis, I use a white grease pencil....rub it in and wipe off the excess....seems to work for me.....hey I see that other pair of OA's is "missing".....I told them I want a commission :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR

lovemydals

Buckeye
Thanks guys for the tips! I will give it a try.

RR,

After the first pair of OA's went missing, it wasn't long before the second pair came up missing. Thanks for the heads-up! Jaqua's is top notch & Neal is a pleasure to work with. And, you do deserve a commission!

lmd

Dbl Auto

Single-Sixer
I am glad to see you guys are helping the boys at Jaquas get rid of all of those Rugers. I was there the morning they were laying them out on some folding tables. It was a very impressive collection of about 30 guns. A Super friend of mine bought one of them.

RadicalRod, I called Dick on these and then he called you on that Tuesday. Did the call help you get any? The 41 mag 3 screw was my favorite.

Doug

radicalrod

Hunter
Doug, I don't do many NM's or RCA guns and that was most of that collection......I stopped on the way home from OGCA and they had another 450 guns come in....piles everywhere......told me they had moved 175 in 3 days.....I need to stop in more often......thanks for the heads up....keep Dick informed....he has my number....I owe him as he also made me aware of the Amoskeag #24 guns.....cost me some CASH.....RR.

lovemydals

Buckeye
Another question;

Do you prep the surface before applying the white chaulk or grease pencil? I have heard mixed options on this. Some say to wipe the surface with rubbing alcohol before applying.

lmd

radicalrod

Hunter
I just wipe the oil off and rub it in....usually have to do it several times to get it right....by the time you do the 12th one you will be a master.....RR.

Latest posts