The GOOD and The BAD........

Help Support Ruger Forum:

radicalrod

Hunter
Well I have been thinking about this post for a while.....almost 6 month actually.....this May I couldn't wait for Jerry aka NDRuger to come to the OGCA display show with me.....well the GOOD part is he shows up with 2 other crazy North Dacotans......the BAD part still hurts too much so I will stick with the good part.....

We spent Thursday afternoon seeing the sights in BG OH...didn't take long....so we ended up at Cabella's in Dundee MI.....went home dug out some goodies and a little GJ for a private gun show....got up Friday and headed to OGCA....we hit every gun shop on the way...had to stop at Jaquas.....the guys from ND sure know how to have FUN....we ended up eating at a BBQ joint next to our hotel on Friday night......I think we got the poor young waitress in trouble.....we did leave a BIG TIP.....

Well the ND guys acted like they had never been to a gun show before.....they had guns piled under my table like you wouldn't believe......by 3 in the afternoon they decided to head for home...they couldn't get anymore guns in the car anyways.....I sure hope youz guys come back next spring......

Another GOOD thing is I spot a Red Eagle on a display right next to me so I ask the guy if he minds if I pick it up and check out the serial number.....no problem....help your self....well it has the metal escutions so I know it is an early gun.....well I turn it over and it is 0383.....wouldn't you know it...I don't own a 3xx gun....YET...but wait that number seems strangely familiar......my BLACK BOOK says I have 383 SINGLE SIX.....even better the guys asks if I know a gentleman named Bill H as he just borrowed it from him for his display..... by Sunday afternoon Bill was tired of my non stop begging and asked me to take it PLEASE......here are a few pictures of the 2 # 383 guns.......

PB190279.jpg

PB190284.jpg

PB190276.jpg

PB190277.jpg

The BAD was my best friend JOHN STEPHEN MAGADA died early Saturday morning from injuries he sustained in a bad car accident on Thursday........I will miss him.....RR.

RD18

Single-Sixer
Hi R.R. sorry for your loss it is always hard to lose a good friend Russ

Hey Rod now all you need is a mint 68 or 69 Plymouth Roadrunner with the 383 magnum to transport that pair in the style they deserve. So sorry about your friend. I put the response in before I read the bad part

flattop44

Buckeye
I'm still hurting from all that arm twisting!! Nice to see the pair together though...See you tomorrow at the OGCA!!
FT44/Bill

contender

Ruger Guru
To lose a friend,, it'll always leave ya hurting.
You don't forget,, you learn to keep on going.
To be able to get identical serial numbers,, I'm sure that Bill is still nursing a sore arm after it got the cast off it. You gotta learn to be nice to Bill,, he may come up with something else later on,,,!
:D

ndruger

Single-Sixer
Hey Rod, I really hope my buddys can make it to the show. You folks are awesome hosts, we really appreciate that. I still get all misty thinking about the bad. Jerry