More "attic treasures" - practical holsters!

Help Support Ruger Forum:

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Checked and found that some old 70's era Practical Holsters for Single Sixes have been found in Newport's attic. Figured why not... grabbed one of each. :lol:

50301_L.jpg

50302_L.jpg

50303_L.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
You mean like those that keep trying to pawn the stuff currently available from Ruger and @ 1/2 the price than what they ask for on eBay?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Beggards can't be choosers. ;)

Just thought it was neat to find them new still and packaged. These are not what I'd ever consider any other time but hey, it's only a few bucks.

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Thanks for the heads-up on these. I ordered a 4 5/8 LH Single Six. The cat no.s threw me at first but the order confirmation showed the correct Item number. Pretty neat I think to get one direct from the source for peanuts - especially 28 years after they were dropped from the catalog.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
Thanks. Now I have it out of my system, and, ended up spending my money on a pair of 357 FT short boxes, varients 1&2, a pair of 44 FT's 6 1/2 and 10", a non-prefix 4 5/8 3 screw 22 convertible and a Winnie 63. No funds left for a fifty buck holster.......... :? :shock: 8) Now in hiding in big garage with the Westie Brothers........... :wink:

Otony

Blackhawk
Mine arrived. It is Bianchi made, a left hand for the 4-5/8" Single Six.

Still sealed in the original box. I was just a bit dissapointed upon opening it, as there was a ton of verdigris from the brass flap latch that discolored a great deal of the holster. Of course it is what it is, and I should have expected it after 28 years!

It cleaned up relatively well, leaving darkened spots behind, but it is still a whole lot better than no holster at all.

Oh, almost forgot to add, the shipping box it arrived in would have held a BIG pair of boots?

BlkHawk73

Hunter
Otony said:
Still sealed in the original box. I was just a bit dissapointed upon opening it, as there was a ton of verdigris from the brass flap latch that discolored a great deal of the holster. Of course it is what it is, and I should have expected it after 28 years!

It cleaned up relatively well, leaving darkened spots behind, but it is still a whole lot better than no holster at all.

Oh, almost forgot to add, the shipping box it arrived in would have held a BIG pair of boots?

The item description does clearly state: "This item sold as is. No warranty and no returns on this product. Some of the holsters have tarnished brass fittings."
Re: shipping box...I'd rather have an oversized box then them stuffing the product into a undersized one. (They did this once to me: folded a metal sign to fit in a box 1/2 the size of the sign. :roll: )

chet15

Hawkeye
These holsters, stored for any lenght of time, will often leave a green goo over the brass areas, but this is generally pretty easy to clean up.
Chet15

Otony

Blackhawk
Oh, I was expecting verdigris, just not quite as much as there was. Perhaps I should have worded it a bit differently.

My dissapointment revolves mostly around wishing I had gotten one with less verdigris, I didn't expect one without it.

In any case, it cleaned up OK. Not perfect, but OK. And it was sure a lot more affordable than buying one at the prices we are typically used to seeing. No complaints, just noting for others.

As for the box, well that was just a surprise. I appreciate that they didn't fold the holster and its box in half! :shock: It just was not what I was expecting and SWMBO had a hard time believing all I ordered was a holster, you see? :wink:

OldRugerMan

Blackhawk
Just got my Left hand 4 5/8 Single Six holster today. It will remain unopened so I won't know how much "Go Green" it has on it. It will go on my display as seen below. No nice lable on the box like the "olden days". still very quick service from Ruger and a nice item they offered.

2010_01080009.jpg

BlkHawk73

Hunter
I bought mine strictly for collective purposes. Don't carry my Single Sixes nor do these types of holsters do much for me as far use goes. The three I have coming will sit idle and probably never even get opened.

HAWKEYE#28

Staff member
OK for SS and shooter quality guns. That leather, tho smooth, will eat a blue gun's finish alive.........Bianchi told me he was unsuccessful in convincing WBR to line the holsters.........."Costs too damn Much, John"......or something like that, with extra AD-verbage removed... 8)