Value KNR-717HX ?

Help Support Ruger Forum:

A friend picked up a Single Six Hunter 17 Cal. convertible over the weekend. He has no idea of value. I told him that my friends on the Rugerforum may have an idea. Box is included with this revolver. SN 264-67039. Thanks for the help! :D

Dave

contender

Ruger Guru
I have heard of them selling in the $1100 range. I wouldn't sell mine for that though. (I don't sell Rugers I buy for myself anyway.)
I'm sure a few folks would pay that amount.

chet15

Hawkeye
Yes, the KNR717HX has gone down as a rare gun from the get-go. Ruger had issues with ammo splits, so only shipped 2-3 hundred at most (this is probably a conservative estimate). The ones they still had in inventory had the 17M2 cylinders taken away from them and they were shipped as KNR717. One lucky forum member here got what he thought was a KNR717 with one cylinder and it turned out that it had a .17M2 cylinder....Ruger had taken the wrong cylinder of the gun before it was shipped!
Chet15

Quarterbore

Blackhawk
Yea, I paid $1100 for the one I have and I bought a second for $900 and sold it for $1100. Now, $1100 is NIB prestine examples but that was over a year ago so there are even less of them out there to be found!

I would not sell mine for $2000 at this point as it is the star of my Hunter Colection although I likely have a couple that are even more rare (Superless Hunters).

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh I shoulda bought the 2 I seen last fall......coulda bought the pair for less than one.....but heck they were NM's :roll: :roll: :roll: I think I still have the number......see ya RR.

BlkHawk73

Hunter
If they'd waited, they'd have gotten better cases. I know some early Hornady 17M2 had thin cases and had splitting issues. Some case ruptures too. (trust me on that one ;) )