Early standards

Help Support Ruger Forum:

RD18

Single-Sixer
So what would your thoughts be on the value of lets say a single digit standard say S/N 1,2,or3 just curious as to what a gun like this would bring Russ

now THAT would be a 'holy grail' ,up there with an rst prototype...........
thats the kind of thing that would have to be auctioned, and let the world "set the price..."

wow................

Yessir, Donnie just laughed when asked about a "value" and from what he related to us, and from what my wife recalls hearing many years ago, the serial number #1 asnd #2 guns were never "fitted" ( put together) and are just barreled recievers, and are owned by the "board" ( the company) so maybe some 'bean counter is fixing to "finish" them off and possibly aucton them?? and I have the feeling the firing pin would be and is a definite "issue" ( problem) wonder just what configuration it would end up coming out as....they updated and redid them them pretty quickly back in 1950............very interesting..............

chet15

Hawkeye
RD18:
Even earlier than that of course would be Ruger's first prototype auto that he built about 1946. Of course that gun (as well as the wood gripped prototype seen in so many photographs) were made even before serial numbers 1, 2 and 3.
The first prototype ought to be a priceless treasure....'course a price can be set on anything :D
Chet15

radicalrod

Hunter
Gosh Russ usually when you ask a question like that you already have a target in mind.......good for you.....let me know if they have 2 :lol: :lol: :lol: see ya RR.